Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hello everyone, trying to identify this one I picked up at a local antique store. Closest match I've found is the E. Ferdinand Wiedmann variant, even though that is a solid backed one: https

Default Unmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hello everyone, trying to identify this one I picked up at a local antique store. Closest match I've found is the E. Ferdinand Wiedmann variant, even though that is a solid backed one: E. Ferdinand Wiedmann Unmarked with Wrap Around Hinge, Variant.

That being said they are not a 1 for 1 match. Comments appreciated!

Unmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie SturmabzeichenUnmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie SturmabzeichenUnmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie SturmabzeichenUnmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie SturmabzeichenUnmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie SturmabzeichenUnmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Hello

Looks to be a good Nickel Silver E. Ferd Wiedmann...unfortunately the catch is missing.

Here is one I have to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Unmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

fischer, thanks for posting your example. I may have slightly overpaid at $117 with tax considering the broken clasp but this seems to be a nice example and a variant I didn't have.

I think you did OK considering these NS Wiedmann variants do not come onto the market that often.

As I am fond of the NS examples in general, I currently have two of these NS Wiedmann ISA's in my collection. Here is my other one.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Unmarked, hollow back, broken catch Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Excellent fischer, thanks for sharing your examples!

I have to agree with fischer, a nice example of a not often seen IAB. Congrats.
    Unfortunate about the catch, I also have the odd one with slight damage.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I have to agree with fischer, a nice example of a not often seen IAB. Congrats.
    Unfortunate about the catch, I also have the odd one with slight damage.
    Ralph.
    Thank you Ralph. The originals guide you put together was very helpful in identifying this.

Quote by akriener View Post
    Thank you Ralph. The originals guide you put together was very helpful in identifying this.
    Thank you.
    It is not done yet, I try to add them as I acquire them.
    I don't add any that I own that have repairs, or parts missing.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you.
    It is not done yet, I try to add them as I acquire them.
    I don't add any that I own that have repairs, or parts missing.
    Ralph.
    It sounds like this particular variant is quite rare.