Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

the bigger Kriegsverdienstkreuz?

Article about: hello i'm in possiesion af an attached crosses,do they look original to You?from what i see there are few differences between them,the dates,the swaz and the measures one of them is bigger.c

Default the bigger Kriegsverdienstkreuz?

hello
    i'm in possiesion af an attached crosses,do they look original to You?from what i see there are few differences between them,the dates,the swaz and the measures one of them is bigger.can it be a makers differences?or maybe one of them is not original?
    regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture the bigger Kriegsverdienstkreuz?   the bigger Kriegsverdienstkreuz?  

Last edited by rbminis; 10-09-2017 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement the bigger Kriegsverdienstkreuz?
    P
    Many

Hi Michal

There is a version of the Kriegsverdienstkreuz Klasse 2 mit schwertern which is called "Ubergrosse" as it measure 52.6mm and the 1939 date on your example does look very similar.

The swastika is very different obviously than the normal KVK2.

Very few of these larger KVK2s have been seen and I know there is a discussion on the WAF forum regarding them. It does look to be tombac/buntmetall in construction.

Hopefully those with more knowledge than me will chip in later.

Jamie

As Jamie say there is an "ubergrosse" variant which is very uncommon. Personally I have never owned one so I have not had the pleasure to study it closely. But from what I have seen it looks genuine and very well made with sharp details.

It is easy to id the cross due to the size, the very thin swastika and the unique design of the 1939.

/Jonas

thank you for Your replies its interesting topics.this is my first step into the KVK,i've heard about the ubergrosse but in case of EK's.very intersting i will try to find out more about this cross.
    besr regards

Wow, not heard of a KVK2 Ubergrosse before! Anyone have info on it please?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

one more reliable shot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture the bigger Kriegsverdienstkreuz?  

?

Here is a good picture to see the different Dimension ;-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture the bigger Kriegsverdienstkreuz?