Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern

Article about: Good afternoon everyone! Please tell me the original sign or not. The nut fits perfectly. Regards, Oleg.

?

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern

Good afternoon everyone!
    Please tell me the original sign or not.
    The nut fits perfectly.
    Regards, Oleg.
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit SchwerternKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit SchwerternKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit SchwerternKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-19-2020 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

Please read this thread regarding posting in the Orders and Decorations section.
    The Use of German Terminology.

This is not an original Meybauer KVK.
    The screw back looks like it is from a Soviet award.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Please read this thread regarding posting in the Orders and Decorations section.
    The Use of German Terminology.

This is not an original Meybauer KVK.
    The screw back looks like it is from a Soviet award.

Ralph.
    You only determined by the screw that the sign is not original? As for the screw, and so it is clear. Why don't you like KVK, are there any arguments?
    Oleg.

Quote by oleg69 View Post
    You only determined by the screw that the sign is not original? As for the screw, and so it is clear. Why don't you like KVK, are there any arguments?
    Oleg.
    Hi Oleg, of course the screw plate being incorrect does not make the cross bad and that is not what Ralph has said.
    The screw plate itself could be an expedient replacement for a lost item and it does seem to have been for a Soviet style award originally. However, it is heavily modified and the threaded section appears to have been added in a very similar way to the screw post on the cross. I would judge, by the same person at the same time from the appearance of the solder and workmanship in both cases. These two alterations taken together do raise a red flag.

The cross itself is supposed to be by Paul Meybauer (L/13) but it does not conform to the type. I won't give too much of a description here as I don't want to assist the fakers who do watch these pages but the detail of the cross is both inaccurate and too weak for this to be an L/13 Meybauer piece in my opinion.

Please do some research on the type and I am sure you will see what I mean.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 11-20-2020 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi Oleg

I think this is the cross that you already asked about on another forum, I remember the screwback design.

I also remember saying to you that yes this is a Meybauer Cross. It is known as the "Deumer" design.

Here are two examples of the "Deumer design" referred to, from my collection of Deumer crosses. The first is tombac and second, zinc, with a very worn die.

As I said, if you look on the ek1-dna website you will find the same cross on Stefans site but in pinback form.

Cheers

Jamie

?

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Hi Oleg

I think this is the cross that you already asked about on another forum, I remember the screwback design.

I also remember saying to you that yes this is a Meybauer Cross. It is known as the "Deumer" design.

Here are two examples of the "Deumer design" referred to, from my collection of Deumer crosses. The first is tombac and second, zinc, with a very worn die.

As I said, if you look on the ek1-dna website you will find the same cross on Stefans site but in pinback form.

Cheers

Jamie
    Hello Jamie,
    Thanks again for the explanation. You helped me a lot!
    Regards, Oleg.

?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Hi Oleg, of course the screw plate being incorrect does not make the cross bad and that is not what Ralph has said.
    The screw plate itself could be an expedient replacement for a lost item and it does seem to have been for a Soviet style award originally. However, it is heavily modified and the threaded section appears to have been added in a very similar way to the screw post on the cross. I would judge, by the same person at the same time from the appearance of the solder and workmanship in both cases. These two alterations taken together do raise a red flag.

The cross itself is supposed to be by Paul Meybauer (L/13) but it does not conform to the type. I won't give too much of a description here as I don't want to assist the fakers who do watch these pages but the detail of the cross is both inaccurate and too weak for this to be an L/13 Meybauer piece in my opinion.

Please do some research on the type and I am sure you will see what I mean.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    Hello Mark,
    Thanks for the answer!
    I do not in any way advocate the originality of this KVK. But, having put together all the examples and statements, I think I got to the bottom of the truth. But how you answered me here I will not describe, I will suddenly help fuflodel.))) But on a third-party resource everything is explained in great detail and clearly.
    The topics were published at the same time, but on that resource I was immediately answered (many thanks to them) on this forum they were delayed with the answer, and the answer was ...
    Regards, Oleg.

Cheers

Jamie
    So Jamie, are these Deumer crosses, or Meybauer crosses with a Deumer design?
    Sorry, your wording left me a little confused.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph, from what I've read and been able to find out. These are mid-late war crosses using the Deumer die but being L/13 stamped for whatever reason.

I'm still researching to find a reason why. But as you know, there may be no reason at the end of the day and it's just another one of those things that were done.

Apologies for any confusion, it made sense in my head haha.

Ralph, from what I've read and been able to find out. These are mid-late war crosses using the Deumer die but being L/13 stamped for whatever reason.
    Thanks for the explanation Jamie.
    That was my reason for stating that this was not a Meybauer KVK, it did not come from a Meybauer die.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast