Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse fake?

Article about: I received an offer from a collector. When I looked at the photo he sent me, there was a stamp in the center and he said L11. However, the markings are small. And I think it should be L/11.

?

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse fake?

I received an offer from a collector.
    When I looked at the photo he sent me, there was a stamp in the center and he said L11. However, the markings are small. And I think it should be L/11.
    I think this medal is fake. What do you guys think?Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse   fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse   fake?
    P
    Many

?

I have seen them with this small makers stamp, not often but they are out there.
    Maybe you can post photos of the cross in it's entirety so it can be evaluated to be from Deumer.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Question

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse   fake?
    Thank you Adrian.

There is one photo of the front. I was surprised that there were small stamps.
    However, is there a stamp without / in L11?

I've never seen a Deumer marked one of these without the /.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

IMO, this is not a Deumer produced KVK.
    As far as I know, you should see the ridges on the handle from the reverse. This example has smooth, straight, edges on the handles of the swords.
    Ralph.

Here is an unmarked.

Here is one marked with a "3" in a box.

Another marked "3" in a box.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you for your valuable opinion. I didn't notice any difference in the protrusions on the sword handles. The collector who made the offer had no intention of deceiving me. However, he seems to have been tricked into adding it to his collection in an era before the internet. I know he's a good guy, but I need to be careful with the collections he's doing.

?

I would not accept an L11 mark if there is no / between the letter and number.
    It really needs close, clear photos of the front and back with the pin down to see if it's a fake or an original with an added makers mark.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

This is a Floch fake, the oversized pommels on the sword handles are a giveaway, as is the catch. I imagine the pin will be the large fluted type we are used to seeing.

As for the maker mark, it is the same size and style as a couple of L15 I have seen in the past.

Cheers