Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1 Klasse mit Schwertern

Article about: And here is the KVK 1. mit schwertern. It is priced at £175 and has the marking L/15 (Otto Shickle?) Opinions welcome and thanks conveyed!

@saladin and @ spunkmaja

Was browsing today and found this other L15 marked KVK and to me there are similarities to the one I have, the contrast between the pin and the medal would have put me off. See what you think

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1 Klasse mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    @saladin and @ spunkmaja

Was browsing today and found this other L15 marked KVK and to me there are similarities to the one I have, the contrast between the pin and the medal would have put me off. See what you think
    The only reason for the contrast is that the medal is made of zinc and has, over time, absorbed the finish that still remains on the pin, hinge and catch.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The only reason for the contrast is that the medal is made of zinc and has, over time, absorbed the finish that still remains on the pin, hinge and catch.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph, so were all KVK 1's made of zinc compared the 2nd class which were tombak or similar?

I'm still trying to learn about these as they are becoming a favourite of mine and not versed in the materials etc used.

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Thanks Ralph, so were all KVK 1's made of zinc compared the 2nd class which were tombak or similar?

I'm still trying to learn about these as they are becoming a favourite of mine and not versed in the materials etc used.
    No, there were tombak examples of both made. Here are a couple of my examples. You should be able to see some difference in them.
    Ralph.
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, Unmarked
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, Wilhelm Deumer, "3"
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That's great Ralph, thank you. I've certainly got a lot to learn, even when some guys can tell the different makers from an unmarked award.

And I suppose the different base materials have different effects on the silver wash that the medals are finished with?

I'll have a look later but it'd be a good thing for me to learn which makers of the KVK 1 are best to go for and the differences between each of them.

Oh, I know that the 3rd one you highlighted was from 2015 but there is a dealer selling a boxed KVK 1with swords for 375 euro, is that about 650 canadian dollars? Sheesh!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2