Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern

Article about: Good afternoon everyone! Please tell me the original sign or not. The nut fits perfectly. Regards, Oleg.

Interesting, it never occurred to me to compare it to a Deumer but it is still one that personally I "would'nt thank you for" especially with the hideous solder job on the back as well as the converted Soviet style screw plate.

In any case, the spurious maker mark would put me off regardless. I know sometimes items were marked and distributed by third party companies but did Meybauer ever market Deumer products?

Jamie, you are a KVK devotee so I expect a full report when you find the "missing link"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

Couldn't agree more re the dull zinc. And when you see messy solder on the back it does not make for a pretty badge.

Unless, like me, you are hunting each and every variation of KvK1 made on this green earth, buying an award such as the one posted at the top of the page doesn't make much sense as you can quite easily have a close to top condition one from a good maker, and in tombac for around 130 euro, even less if you spend the time looking.

As for the makers mark. Here is one of my Meybauer crosses with the same L/13 stamp for info.

And also, part showing off, part to show what a really nice L/13 is...

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern

?

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Couldn't agree more re the dull zinc. And when you see messy solder on the back it does not make for a pretty badge.

Unless, like me, you are hunting each and every variation of KvK1 made on this green earth, buying an award such as the one posted at the top of the page doesn't make much sense as you can quite easily have a close to top condition one from a good maker, and in tombac for around 130 euro, even less if you spend the time looking.

As for the makers mark. Here is one of my Meybauer crosses with the same L/13 stamp for info.

And also, part showing off, part to show what a really nice L/13 is...

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern

Thank you very much!
    You are of course right, I myself would never buy such a sign, I just bought it in bulk, among which was this KVK. I decided to find out for myself that this is a copy or an original. You explained and showed me everything very well. Thank you very much!
    Regards, Oleg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2