Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/13 Paul Meybauer

Article about: As the year draws to a close, I was thinking to myself that I haven't had too many KvK1 this year. But then last week I found this one in the US and it is now here in the land of the haggis.

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/13 Paul Meybauer

As the year draws to a close, I was thinking to myself that I haven't had too many KvK1 this year.

But then last week I found this one in the US and it is now here in the land of the haggis.

Also, with it being the 74th cross in my collection, I remembered it's getting tough to find the ones I don't have.

This time around, this L/13 is zinc, copper coated and then the silver finish applied.

It differs from other Meybauer variants in that the pin is shorter and the sword handles stand out as having been cut very sharply.

There are a few spots of gunk on the cross, not sure if it's cleaning residue or perhaps it wasn't stored very well at some point.

Regardless, it's not a common variant to find and if it's the last of 2023 then it's been good.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/13 Paul Meybauer Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/13 Paul Meybauer

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/13 Paul Meybauer Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/13 Paul Meybauer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/13 Paul Meybauer
    P
    Many

?

Congratulations on your acquisition Jaime, good to see an uncommon variant and thank you for posting it.
    Have you any idea how many different variants you can find for the KVK1?
    It's a quality piece and in great condition obviously because of the copper coating to the zinc.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Good question Ade, I often wonder "is this ever going to end" when finding new types. And if I was to gauge the average number based on how many Meybauer variants there are I could foresee several hundred different types.

However, I reckon between 100-150 including both sworded and non sworded might be more accurate.

Which means I'm only half way there!!!!

?

Another nice KvK1 Jamie. As you say it's getting harder to track down the ones you haven't got but that makes the chase all the more fun.

I cannot possibly contend with such a prolific expert in KvK but congratulations on your latest addition, so beautifully photographed too.

Just because I have a lot of them, doesn't make me anywhere near an expert hahaha.

Magpies collect lots of shiny things, and they know feck all about jewellery