Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/57 Boerger & Co

Article about: One of two new crosses I found in the past week. Next to Carl Wild, Boerger KvK1 are probably the toughest to find. In all the time I've been a member on here, I have only ever seen 3 availa

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/57 Boerger & Co

One of two new crosses I found in the past week.

Next to Carl Wild, Boerger KvK1 are probably the toughest to find. In all the time I've been a member on here, I have only ever seen 3 available. But thankfully, I now have 2 of those 3

This one is from the same die as the other I own however, it has a different style of maker mark and slightly more silver finish left (but not much). A flash coating of copper would not have gone a miss but then, it's not as if these things were designed to last for 1000 years haha.

There's a 107 hiding out there somewhere...

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/57 Boerger & Co Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/57 Boerger & Co

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/57 Boerger & Co Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/57 Boerger & Co

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse mit Schwertern, L/57 Boerger & Co
    P
    Many

?

That's a nice piece Jamie. Sometimes you have to overlook the condition to obtain a rare piece but even so, it's not too bad at all for a zinc award.
    Boerger badges seem to be very scarce across the board. Their minesweeper badges are as rare as the proverbial rocking horse s**t. You don't see much of any of their awards so congratulations on being able to find and purchase this one.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Another fine addition Jamie.
    I agree about condition, sometimes you just have to overlook it a little.

This one was just odd enough that I had to have it.
    An Interesting Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse / 1 Klasse mit Schwertern
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

Rare find! Congrats! If you haven't already, try gently rubbing some vaseline on it. Let is sit for a few days and then gently wipe off. Might bring the finish back a little and guard against further deterioration.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks chaps, it's always satisfying catching a rare bird, but 5 minutes after taking its photos I'm already back on the hunt haha.

Cheers

Jamie