Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern originality?

Article about: Hallo everyone! Merry christmas and happy new year! I need your help to recognize originality of that item. Can it be A fake made by Floch? Makers mark 50 (Karl Gschiermeister). Share you op

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern originality?

Hallo everyone! Merry christmas and happy new year! I need your help to recognize originality of that item. Can it be A fake made by Floch?
    Makers mark 50 (Karl Gschiermeister). Share you opinions, please.
    Thank you!
    Best regards!
    Sorry for the quality of pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern originality?   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern originality?  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern originality?   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern originality?  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern originality?   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern originality?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern originality?
    P
    Many

Please post some clear, straight on front and reverse photos.
    It looks okay so far.
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Yes. Much crisper photos are needed. Can we also have a clear close up of the Swaz (especially the bottom leg where it touches the wreath) as well as a side photo of the catch and hinge. And lastly a clear photo of the maker mark.

I see one potential match in the pebbling. So I think it stands a chance as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes. Much crisper photos are needed. Can we also have a clear close up of the Swaz (especially the bottom leg where it touches the wreath) as well as a side photo of the catch and hinge. And lastly a clear photo of the maker mark.

I see one potential match in the pebbling. So I think it stands a chance as well.
    I am looking at the shape of the pin, type and mounting of catch, and the maker's mark. Some are horizontal, and some are vertical, from what I have ben able to find.
    These all seem to be okay to me, but I would like to see them a little clearer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

The Box/Block hinge, square wire catch and pin look to be OK but I too would like to see a clearer shot of them. Also, there were 4 different styles of the "50" mark.

There are a few unique pebbling patterns to this maker, I think I can see one of them, which is a good sign but not the other 3 or 4 yet. Also there should be a die flaw where the bottom leg of the Swaz touches the wreath.

Finally, the tips of the cross are very rounded. I'm assuming it is due to honest wear. But there is a "variation" that has similar rounded tips (but a different pebbling pattern) that Maerz and Stimson are "reserving" judgment on as some think it could be post war.

All I know about these are what I have in my reference materials. I know that Maerz and Stimson do not include every variant there is.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern originality?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Original cross for me. While this maker only produced pieces in tombak, he did occasionally use a catch plate in his construction, though not always.

William Kramer