MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern, Otto Schickle, earliest example?

Article about: I'm very happy to introduce this cross to you all. As many of you know I am an avid KvK1 collector however, even I never thought I would find something like this. This particular Otto Schick

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern, Otto Schickle, earliest example?

I'm very happy to introduce this cross to you all.

As many of you know I am an avid KvK1 collector however, even I never thought I would find something like this.

This particular Otto Schickle KvK1 without swords uses the hardware normally associated with their 1 piece 1914 EK1. This one comes in its original case.

Schickle War Merit Crosses can usually be easily identified due to the 3 prominent die flaws that are found in the centre of the cross. The cross I have does have these flaws however, 2 in particular are very feint.

This goes to show that the die being used is relatively new. The crispness of the strike is fresh and all of these things together hints at the fact that this could possibly be one of the earliest Schickle KvK produced.

It certainly goes to near the top of my list for KvK1 finds. I'd be very interested to discover if in fact, a type like this has ever been seen before. Many of you have been at this collecting game for much longer than I.

Cheers

Jamie

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern, Otto Schickle, earliest example? Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern, Otto Schickle, earliest example?

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern, Otto Schickle, earliest example? Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern, Otto Schickle, earliest example?

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern, Otto Schickle, earliest example?

Here is an example of the die flaws from a well worn Schickle KvK1

And then those same flaws on the cross that I have just received

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern, Otto Schickle, earliest example? Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern, Otto Schickle, earliest example? Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern, Otto Schickle, earliest example?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern, Otto Schickle, earliest example?
    P
    Many

Very nice Jamie!
    Congrats on finding this one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Congrats on that addition Jamie.
    Looks to be a nice example.
    Also a big thanks for the Maker's flaws ID.

Semper Fi
    Phil