Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse Without swords.

Article about: Hi all, I would appreciate any feedback on this war merit cross. Any flaws which show that it’s a reproduction? Or is it an authentic piece? Thanks.

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse Without swords.

Hi all,
    I would appreciate any feedback on this war merit cross. Any flaws which show that it’s a reproduction? Or is it an authentic piece? Thanks.
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse Without swords.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse Without swords.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse Without swords.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse Without swords.
    P
    Many

It's not a setup I'm overly familiar with. However, that barrel hinge and the longer pin remind me of post war Souval crosses I have seen. I will have a better look tomorrow.

What is the number on the pin, a 1 or maybe a 7? If it is either of these then it would further suggest postwar manufacture as Deschler are completely different and Meybauer ('7') didn't produce PKZ marked KvK.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi, its a 1.

Unless it's some unknown variant I would personally steer clear. For me, the maker mark, pin, hinge are completely wrong for Deschler made crosses.

Being one of the most common makers, it will be easy enough to find a genuine Deschler cross to compare this against. You can also visit the ek-dna website which has some good examples.

Cheers

Jamie

I agree with Jamie, that pin has red lights

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Here is my example and the correct hardware ….

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse Without swords.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thank you all.

Just made this morning by the look of it