Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Kriegsverdienstkreuz Ohne Schwerter

Article about: Hello fellas long time no post for me. Been super busy with life ! I picked up this lovely lady from a local fella, and I must say she is a wonderful example of early War quality and maker m

Quote by rbminis View Post
    My understanding is that any KVK 1 marked L/15 is Otto Schickle, any KVK 1 marked L15 is a Floch fake.
    Although it is marked "15" only, here is a FO KVK 1 without swords, ( notice, the Orth uses a round wire catch).
    Ralph.
    For now, I will stand by what I said.
    At this point in time, I would not buy any EK or KVK stamped L15.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz Ohne Schwerter
    P
    Many

Mine and Wilkos KVK1 with swords marked L15 are genuine wartime pieces, there is no doubt about that at all, although I am not sure is really exist wartime example of KVK1 without swords marked L15 or not.

Best regards,
    Franko

BMB
    ?

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwerten im etui 15 Friedrich Orth Wien

Hi Ralph, here is example of original cased Friedrich Orth war merit cross with swords marked L15, this is not Flochs fake, that is absolutely certain and that is quite obvious, just look at the hinge, it has oval plate under the hinge. I think that also exist genuine example of kvk1 without swords which is marked L15.

Best regards,

Franko
    Yes, it's absolutely right there is a zinc variant with sword marked L15, which is made with the same tools that Orth used during the war. This subject I picked up at the GCA many years ago and showed with pictures that it was this way. But the question is whether this type of cross is wartime or not, some believe it's war time and wrongly marked L15 instead of 15 and some believe they are assembled after the war with leftovers parts.

This has nothing to do with this kind of cross without sword discussed in this thread.

I will not write more about this topic in this thread.

Best Regards
    Martin

It is not wrongly marked L15 there is reason for that. It was produced under some kind of contract and it is genuine wartime piece. Friedrich Orth didnt continue with production after the war, there is no Orths postwar items. And you are absolutely right that type of cross has nothing to do with the one which has started this thread. If there is no any kvk1 without swords marked L15 which was made by Friedrich Orth, than they are all just Flochs fake of course. I thought that Orth made both versions, maybe I was wrong.

Best regards,
    Franko

This is clearly an L15 Floch fake and has been proven time again in multiple threads.
    I agree with Ralph and would not own or purchase one
    Morris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3