Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Questionable L/17-marked KvK 1 Klasse mit Schwertern

Article about: I'm not so sure about this marked, vaulted cross and would appreciate your opinions....I've come across several questionable pieces and remain most grateful for the help... regards, Glenn

Default Questionable L/17-marked KvK 1 Klasse mit Schwertern

I'm not so sure about this marked, vaulted cross and would appreciate your opinions....I've come across several questionable pieces and remain most grateful for the help...
    regards, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questionable L/17-marked KvK 1 Klasse mit Schwertern   Questionable L/17-marked KvK 1 Klasse mit Schwertern  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questionable L/17-marked KvK 1 Klasse mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

Glenn,,

This appears to be a post war copy..

I will have to cross reference this with my reference book on War Merit Crosses but I am 95% positive it is a post war reproduction..

Smitty

Thank you very much for confirming my suspicions...I'd be very grateful if you let me know what you find after checking with your reference book...
    Regards, Glenn

IMO, it is not a war time manufactured piece.
    It does not match up with known examples.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank You very much, Gentlemen! I couldn't find another example either, and the number "1" in L/17 doesn't have the "nose" like the German ones do...instead, it's a straight line as is the American Tendency....I appreciate the help!
    regards, Glenn

Glen,

As I suspected this is a post war copy and the LDO number L/17 is not on the list of either known manufacturers or Manufacturers of LDO Private Retail Sales Pieces. The listing may not be inclusive but the list was gathered from known examples and any KVK marked with a 17 at this time is an unknown maker..

Source: "The War Merit Cross" by Gordon Williamson and Josef Charita Pages 136-137

Smitty

L/17 is the maker Hermann Wernstein, Jena-Löbsted.
    Apparently quite difficult to find in Tombak, and even more difficult to find in zinc.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's a pity, but yeah what an ugly, fake cross.

Here is what they should look like...

Questionable L/17-marked KvK 1 Klasse mit Schwertern Questionable L/17-marked KvK 1 Klasse mit Schwertern