Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Doubts about two orders of the red star and which of them should be chosen

Article about: I wanted to ask for your help in acquiring an Order of the Red Star. I've never had one and if possible, I would like to have one. It doesn't have to be a major piece, I just wish it was aut

Default Doubts about two orders of the red star and which of them should be chosen

I wanted to ask for your help in acquiring an Order of the Red Star. I've never had one and if possible, I would like to have one.

It doesn't have to be a major piece, I just wish it was authentic and issued during WWII. If possible, I would like it to be as well preserved as possible, but hey, I wouldn't be very picky about it either.

If you were the buyers, which of these two orders (if they are authentic) would you buy?

1) First one:

b) Second one (seems to have wear on the enamel):

Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Doubts about two orders of the red star and which of them should be chosen  
    Attached Images Attached Images Doubts about two orders of the red star and which of them should be chosen 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Doubts about two orders of the red star and which of them should be chosen
    P
    Many

Both examples shown appear to be authentic. I would purchase #96392, which was probably awarded 1943, and have it researched.

Here is #91677 awarded January 30th, 1943 to Lieutenant Georgy Vladimirovich Bogachev, Battery Commander, 871st Light Artillery Regiment, 79th Light Artillery Brigade, Leningrad.

Doubts about two orders of the red star and which of them should be chosen Doubts about two orders of the red star and which of them should be chosen

I would agree with Bill.

I would always go for a lower numbered example if given the choice and condition was similar.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I also would go for the lower numbered award. It of course depends on how much you wanna spend since there's usually quite a big price difference in these.
    One more question, is the enamel replaced on the lower numbered star? On my screen it looks like that at least. The patina is quite odd on that enamel imo.

Edit: the hammer/sickle look odd and quite bright and shiny. On my screen it is hard to see if that is due to the way the lighting is aimed at the star or if there's something else weird there

Thank you very much to all of you.

In this case I have preferred not to buy the oldest medal. Following Marcel Barzinger's comment, I have contacted the seller, and I have been able to verify that Marcel is right.

The enamel has been replaced and is therefore not the original enamel. This detail is important to me. In fact, I prefer to pay double or more and have an Order that keeps the original enamel. It's just my opinion, but I prefer the enamel to be original and not an imitation enamel. I don't even care if the enamel has a defect, as long as it is original.

Good eye Marcel.