Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Order of red star #112961 Genuine or fake Need help

Article about: Hi, everyone. I am doing a bid for the order of red star with the serial number 112961. Although I have serached many information (from Орден КР

Thanks Marcel. I am actually very positive and confident in my purchase (one of the few instances haha ) From the research I have done, it is Type 4.1. I got it researched by Auke and it was awarded to Sergeant Alexei Gavrilovich Belikov of the 135 Guards Artillery regiment (I believe), 24th Army, Don Front for actions in the battle of Stalingrad! The gunner of his artillery gun was trained by him and during the fighting destroyed 2 tanks, up to 200 soldiers, 8 machine guns, 3 artillery guns, and 5 mortars. Here is a link to my ORS (hopefully it works):

Dont View If Symbols Trigger u on Instagram: “I am proud to present to you guys my early Order of the Red Star Type 4.1 s/n 67586 from 1942! I got it researched and the results were…”
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 09-02-2019 at 05:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of red star #112961 Genuine or fake  Need help
    P
    Many

It's a little bit upset for me that I do not realize that the reverse side is heavily polished, and I thought it's a unique version at that time. So Marcel, personally what the price do u think it worth? Does it worth 200$, cause I am the one finally got this 😥. Thx.

I would not pay $ 200 for a heavy polished star. The actual value is, in my opinion, in the eye of the beholder. Some don't mind the orders being heavily polished, others don't want these in their collection and go for natural patina only. I am one of those.

After I realize it has the possibility that the original owner is really proud of this order so he polished it, its OK for me now. Thank u for ur point of view.

Makes sense and veterans did indeed polish their awards to look at their best. However, in my opinion they would make sure the front of the awards look excellent. The backsides can't be seen when being worn so I don't see the point to polish the backs.
    As a sidenote; I do know for a fact 2 sellers (on and off Ebay) who both polish the awards before putting them up for sale.
    That said, yours has a 50-50 chance. But that's just how I see it. What really matters in the end is that you should be happy with the award and after all it is an original early award.

Indeed and get it researched!

Yes, I did. And I just posted it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2