Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Red Star №1208992 - To a Chauffer

Article about: I had already posted this order, but I tried to make better photos, to here it is - my Order of the Red Star. Now, here is the research that I have gotten. The award was given to: Red Army S

Default Order of the Red Star №1208992 - To a Chauffer

I had already posted this order, but I tried to make better photos, to here it is - my Order of the Red Star.

Now, here is the research that I have gotten.
    The award was given to:
    Red Army Soldier - KIPKO, Grigoriy Danilovich
    (Красноармеецев - КИПКО, Григорий Данилович)

He was born in the year of 1899, in Simferopol, in the Crimea.
    He is of Ukrainian Nationality, and resided in Zaphorizhia Oblast, in the Chernigov Raion. He then had 4 classes of education.

He enlisted in the army, on the 23rd of August, 1941 - 2 months into the war. He worked as a chauffer, driving a tractor during the service, where he was in the 3rd Guards Army (3-й Гвардийск Армия), 690 Seperate Authored Army (690-й Отдельной Автороты Армии)

It was then, on the 22nd of April, 1945, that he was awarded the Order of the Red Star. He then left the army on the 5th of September, 1945.

(Unfortunately, I am unable to read all of the reason in awarding - and there is no image of him.. )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Red Star №1208992 - To a Chauffer
    P
    Many

Talking

And here - his battle path.

And, with the information about is awards, there seems to be no 1985 Jubilee Order, so, Kipko may have died within those 40 years. Either or, he would have passed away many years ago. I hope that he did not go through much harm during his service. His deed will not be forgotten.

Also a question - If anyone knows...
    What is the size of the registration card (Учетная Карточка)
    It would look better if I have the copy, with the award as a set.

Nice one. I think drivers are underestimated in the war. Many had to deliver ammo, food and supplies under enemy fire to the troops so it was a more dangerous job than at it seems.

But I wonder, why start a new thread about the same star? Why not continue in the previous thread? Would make much more sense. It is after all the exact same star!

The images on the earlier post were not the best, so I wanted to remake a post, with better information and images.

I am sorry, but I think it is best to continue in the same thread. But that's just me. Ever needed to find a thread on the forum and need to search through 40+ pages filled with threads of which many are totally useless as is the previous thread now from this same award because all that thread shows is just an image without any more info or replies? In other words, it has become useless and fills up space. Unnecessary.

My apologies for my complaining to all. But I just can't get this?!?!