Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Red Star #1650753

Article about: st addition to my Red Star collection. An interesting lifting of the Siege of Leningrad Red Star awarded to Petty Officer 2nd Class Boris Votslanovitch Stanyushevsky of the 55th Naval Infant

Default Order of the Red Star #1650753

Latest addition to my Red Star collection.

An interesting lifting of the Siege of Leningrad Red Star awarded to Petty Officer 2nd Class Boris Votslanovitch Stanyushevsky of the 55th Naval Infantry Brigade, who later served aboard the gunboat ‘Nora’ before being transferred ashore as a result of wounds he had received.
    Petty Officer Stanyushevsky was born in1904, a member of the Working Class he served in the Red Navy from 1919 until 1924 seeing service in the Civil War and again from 1941 onwards.
    Apart from a Medal for the Defence of Leningrad received in 1943,this appears to be his only award, and was issued to him by order of Kronstadt Naval Defence, Area nr 13, the Red Banner Baltic Fleet on 15th October 1945 on the back of the following citation…
    ‘ Boris Votslanovitch Stanyushevsky was called up for service from the Reserve in July 1941 and served in several Naval Infantry units. He fought ointment the battle on the Leningrad Front.
    In January while serving in the 55th Naval Infantry Brigade, he was part of a reconnaissance party’s combat security detachment in the Peterhof-Strelnya area, where he suffered a shrapnel wound in his leg and contusion.
    In March 1943 while taking part in an offensive operation aimed at breaching the enemy siege lines near Schlisselburg, he sustained a perforating bullet wound to his left forearm.
    Upon his recovery he was assigned to the gunboat ‘Nora’, but later he was transferred to shore duty for medical reasons. In March 1945 he continued his service at the Coastal Base of Defensive Sea Area Command, working as a clerk.
    For his involvement in combat operations against the German fascist invaders and for his irreproachable service he deserves the Order of the Red Star’.
    This recommendation was signed by the Commander of the Coastal Base, Defence Sea Area Command, Kronstadt Naval Defence Area Major of the Quatermadter Service Y. Pinsker.Order of the Red Star #1650753Order of the Red Star #1650753Order of the Red Star #1650753Order of the Red Star #1650753Order of the Red Star #1650753Order of the Red Star #1650753Order of the Red Star #1650753Order of the Red Star #1650753Order of the Red Star #1650753Order of the Red Star #1650753
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Star #1650753  
    Last edited by Woolgar; 09-29-2022 at 02:17 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Red Star #1650753
    P
    Many

Order of the Red Star #1650753Order of the Red Star #1650753……
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Woolgar,

Nice RS and citation. I really like the fact he was attached to a Naval Infantry Brigade.

Gerry C.

From the Dry High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

Yes so do I Gerry…and even more so because my little boy was born in Kronstadt

Nick

TWS
    ?

Excellent star.
    Excellent documentation.
    Excellent history.
    Check, check, and check.
    Checks all the boxes.