Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Order of the Red Star: a 1945 award

Article about: Thanks Robin. I wish I had the others two Medals for Courage from the group which sadly got split from this one. Cheers, Ade.

Default Order of the Red Star: a 1945 award

Hi Guys, I thought that I would share this with you. Bought from a friend this past weekend who has kindly donated the proceeds to the upkeep of forum. Thank you Comrade!

There is a small flake off the enamel at about the 3 o'clock position.

This example is made by MZPP (Moskovskiy Zavod Platino Pribor). Serial number is: 1835635

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Star: a 1945 award   Order of the Red Star: a 1945 award  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Red Star: a 1945 award
    P
    Many

Default Re: Order of the Red Star: a 1945 award

Ade,

Nice award and a nice patina. The flake is almost unnoticable.

There is a web page, in russian, about soviet awards and medals which is incredibly useful. It shows all variations as well as dates of awards based on the serial number. Lots of photos of every variation.

Ade, I am sure you know the web page, it has been down for a few months, but I have just seen it is up and running again. But for those of you who did not know about it, here it is:

Russian awards

Regards,

Gus

Default Re: Order of the Red Star: a 1945 award

Quote by guscanoesp View Post
    Ade,

Nice award and a nice patina. The flake is almost unnoticable.

There is a web page, in russian, about soviet awards and medals which is incredibly useful. It shows all variations as well as dates of awards based on the serial number. Lots of photos of every variation.

Ade, I am sure you know the web page, it has been down for a few months, but I have just seen it is up and running again. But for those of you who did not know about it, here it is:

Russian awards

Regards,

Gus

Ooops. I should read the latest posts before posting.

I have just seen you mention this web page in another thread. Sorry!

Regards,

Gus

Bringing this old thread back up as, you guessed it, I have just ordered the research for this one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Can't wait! Fingers crossed for a good one for you, Ade!

The research is in!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Order

Secret
    Copy nr. 2

Order

Of the 64th Chirkovitsy Order of Lenin Red Banner Independent Guards Tank Brigade

– On decorating personnel –

May 4, 1945 – Nr. 013/N – Active Army

On behalf of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, for the exemplary accomplishment of combat missions in the struggle with the German invaders and the valor and bravery displayed in the process, I award:

The Order of the Red Star to:

[…]

15. Guards Senior Sergeant Vladimir Grigoryevich Zabnev, driver in the Headquarters Company

[…]

Commander of the 64th Chirkovitsy Order of Lenin Red Banner Independent Guards Tank Brigade
    Guards Colonel [signed] /Boiko/

Chief of staff of the 64th Chirkovitsy Order of Lenin Red Banner Independent Guards Tank Brigade
    Guards Major [signed] /Romanov
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Star: a 1945 award   Order of the Red Star: a 1945 award  

Record card

Record card of an awardee

Last name: Zabnev
    First name: Vasily
    Patronymic: Grigoryevich
    Position and unit: Driver in the 64th Independent Guards Tank Brigade

Awarded:

Awarded which order of medal Date of the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR Awarded for what
    Order of the Red Star nr. 1835635 Order of the 64th Tank Brigade nr. 013/N of May 7, 1945 [Stamp: For the fighting with the German invaders]

[Blue stamp: Award issued]

Home address: 349th Rifle Regiment, 2nd Baltic Front

Biographical particulars

1. Year of birth: 1912
    2. Place of birth:
    3. Party membership and period: Member of the Communist Party
    4. Nationality: Russian
    5. Period of service in the Red Army:
    6. Award documents are located in file nr.:

Awards issued:

Order or medal Date of issue Place of issue Serial number of the order or medal Number of the award document Remarks

Other remarks:

Award sheet

1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Zabnev, Vladimir Grigoryevich
    2. Rank: Guards Senior Sergeant
    3. Position and unit: Driver in the Headquarters Company of the 64th Chirkovitsy Order of Lenin Red Banner Independent Guards Tank Brigade
    Nominated for: Order of the Red Star
    4. Year of birth: 1912
    5. Nationality: Russian
    6. Party affiliation: Member of the Communist Party
    7. Participation in the Civil War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War (where and when): Since 1941 on the Bryansk, Kalinin, Northwestern, 1st Ukrainian, and 1st Belorussian Front
    8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: A light wound
    9. Since when in the Red Army: Since July 1941
    10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the Mikhailovka Raion, Stalingrad Oblast
    11. Awards received previously: Two Medals for Courage and the Order of the Red Star
    12. Permanent home address or the address of his family: _______________

Short, concrete description of his combat feat or merits:

Serving as the driver of a Dodge 3/4, Guards Senior Sergeant V.G. Zabnev displayed bravery and courage throughout the combat operations conducted by the brigade when it was subordinated to the 1st Belorussian Front.

As the driver, he keeps his truck in a clean condition and in good working order. On May 2, 1945, during the fighting for the Landwehr Canal in the city of Berlin, the chief of staff was wounded at the brigade’s observation post. Despite withering enemy fire Zabnev brought the chief of staff with his truck to the medical unit, thus saving the life of his commander. In combat he acts boldly and bravely.

Guards Senior Sergeant V.G. Zabnev deserves the Order of the Red Star.

Commander of the Headquarters Company
    Guards Captain [signed] /Yermakov/

Comrade V.G. Zabnev deserves the Order of the Red Star.

Commander of the 64th Chirkovitsy Order of Lenin Red Banner Independent Guards Tank Brigade
    Guards Colonel [signed] /Boiko/
    May 4, 1945

By Order of the 64th Independent Guards Tank Brigade nr. 013/N of May 4, 1945 awarded the Order of the Red Star.

Assistant chief of staff in charge of personnel records of the 64th Independent Guards Tank Brigade
    Guards Captain of the Administrative Service [signed] /Starchenko/
    May 8, 1945

Very nice award Ade, excellent citation for the fighting around berlin at the wars end. Must say I am envious, would love to have in my collection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast