Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question about Russian Order of the Red Star by Strekalov & Durov

Article about: Greetins all! I've recently been bitten by the Order of the Red Star disease and evidently it's worse than Covid! After doing much online research, I currently am in the process of adding 2

?

Default Question about Russian Order of the Red Star by Strekalov & Durov

Greetins all!

I've recently contracted the Order of the Red Star disease and evidently it's worse than Covid! After doing much online research, I currently am in the process of adding 2 Orders of the Red Star to my collection. Having been a collector for over a decade I know how invaluable good research books can be. The book Russian Order of the Red Star by Strekalov and Durov looks fantastic. My only concern is that I do not read Cyrillic. So my question is two fold:

Is there an English translation produced or in the works? And if not, is the book still worth purchasing for someone who does not read Cyrillic? Thanks in advance for any opinions!

Kevin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about Russian Order of the Red Star by Strekalov & Durov
    P
    Many

No and yes, to answer your questions. You will be surprised how quickly you learn to recognize Cyrillic words and acronyms. Cursive Cyrillic can and is still a challenge.

I agree with Bill. The book is highly recommendable and easy to go through, even without being able to read Cyrillic.

And welcome to the club. It is very infectious to collect Red Stars

?

Thank you Bill and Marcel! That was the information I was looking for. I will order a copy of the book today! And thank you for the welcome, Marcel! I can tell that this will be a difficult addiction to resist!

Edited to add: I purchased the book from pelin60 through Ebay (I found Marcel's earlier endorsement for him). Unfortunately it may take up to 2 months to reach me but it will be worth the wait I'm sure! Thanks again for both of your help!
    Last edited by KevinS; 09-17-2020 at 07:22 PM.

pelin60 is a good seller. Bought several more books from them the last couple of months. Always been satisfied as customer.