Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Bronze Nahkampfspange by JFS

Article about: Hello all, Here's a bronze Nahkampfspange by JFS which gives me heartburn. The detail is lacking on the front, but the hinge mount, pin and hook catch look correct for this manufacturer down

Default Bronze Nahkampfspange by JFS

Hello all, Here's a bronze Nahkampfspange by JFS which gives me heartburn. The detail is lacking on the front, but the hinge mount, pin and hook catch look correct for this manufacturer down to the tick mark on the back of the hinge mount. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for looking, Mike.
    Bronze Nahkampfspange by JFSBronze Nahkampfspange by JFSBronze Nahkampfspange by JFSBronze Nahkampfspange by JFSBronze Nahkampfspange by JFS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze Nahkampfspange by JFS
    P
    Many

At first glance it looks good. Possible the bad shape of the finish is due to it being ground dug.

John

raz
    ?

Mike , I don't know what happened to the front of that badge but it sure wasn't good . The back looks like it may have been a silver grade and in way better shape to me . Looks like new rust on the pin , I also can't see the anti rotational piece for the catch , looks like it was soldered ??? Back plate , hinge, hinge pin , and catch should be magnetic -- 6.5 JFS second pattern in Mr Durante's new book . Wait for others to way in with more opinions .

I don't like the look of the eagle, the neck is too long.
    I don't like the look of the new rust on the reverse either. The damage on the bayonet blade may be a method of disguising a "butter knife fake".
    Wait for more opinions, or, wait for a better example.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you all for the input. The back plate, hinge, pin and catch are magnetic. The catch is not soldered, it sits recessed inside the raised ring. The front is where my concerns lay with the damage and lack of detail normally seen. I appreciate everyone taking their time to respond. Mike