Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Dug Nahkampfspange in Bronze

Article about: Bought this from a metal detectorist from Latvia. Figured I had nothing to loose by cleaning it; I clean a lot of dug Roman coins so I used the same methods on this badge. Of course I knew i

?

Default Dug Nahkampfspange in Bronze

Bought this from a metal detectorist from Latvia. Figured I had nothing to loose by cleaning it; I clean a lot of dug Roman coins so I used the same methods on this badge. Of course I knew it would never be a perfect badge, zinc does not do well in the elements, but I was pleased to see much of the bronze wash remained. The pin is loose, but with a dug badge I'm happy to have a pin at all.
    Before

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dug Nahkampfspange in Bronze
    P
    Many

It looks like an original.
    Although ground dug items don't do much for me, sorry.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

your work turned out nice1 I like ground dug items.

MAP
    ?

great outcome. Looks completely different.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Fantastic results! some great items are still found in latvia!

here is mine, also a kurland find!
    Attached Images Attached Images Dug Nahkampfspange in Bronze  Dug Nahkampfspange in Bronze  Dug Nahkampfspange in Bronze 

?

Some have asked me about my tools and method. As I said, I made this tool to clean Roman coins. It is a pin vise with a dental diamond burr bit. I gently pick away dirt and large bits of corrosion, then rub the surface where there is corrosion with the side, the corrosion will crumble but the base metal will not as long as you are gentle (it's good to practice first). After cleaning I applied Renaissance Wax for protection.Dug Nahkampfspange in Bronze

I love ground dug items as long as they are complete and still have the features to be identifiable. That is a nice CCC you have acquired and it still has all the features to identify the specific subtype. Here is my ground dug, also from Kourland. I feel it is important to pick up those items while we can, as the become more difficult to find in the ground (the Germans did not deposit a never ending supply on the eastern front) the prices for original ground dug items may really escalate. Dug Nahkampfspange in BronzeDug Nahkampfspange in Bronze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dug Nahkampfspange in Bronze