Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Juncker Nahkampfspange in Gold

Article about: Hi Guys, out of an old collection. Coming up at work in November. Cheers, Ade.

Default Juncker Nahkampfspange in Gold

Hi Guys, out of an old collection. Coming up at work in November.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Juncker Nahkampfspange in Gold   Juncker Nahkampfspange in Gold  

Juncker Nahkampfspange in Gold   Juncker Nahkampfspange in Gold  

Juncker Nahkampfspange in Gold  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Juncker Nahkampfspange in Gold
    P
    Many

Very nice Ade!
    Don't often see a real gold one these days.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A dream Ade!!

Is it my eyes or is that a tombak piece?

Either way it will go to somebody with deep pockets.

I don't even torment myself with aspirations

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Is it my eyes or is that a tombak piece?

Regards

Mark
    I believe all Juncker gold classes were tombak.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I believe all Juncker gold classes were tombak.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph, as far as I have understood it the Gold CCC were initailly zinc just as the other two grades and the presentation pieces actually given at the ceremonies Hitler originally reserved for his own presidency were higher quality tombak with rivetted back plate and retaining hook.

In June 1944 I believe it was decreed that, befitting the status of the award, the Gold CCC should all be made in tombak but this resulted in very severe damage to the dies and a new die had to be created. This being in mid 1944 and so close to the end of the war would suggest to me that these tombak pieces would have been awarded in even fewer numbers than the "presentation" tombak pieces.

This piece is clearly not the "presentation" variant as the back plate is not rivetted and there is no retaining hook but it does look like tombak which is what prompted my question.

It's kind of academic to me as I am no expert on these and have never handled any Gold CCC and don't expect ever to own one but I was surprised to see this one.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Mark, you likely have more reference on this than I do, you are probably correct.
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Mark, you likely have more reference on this than I do, you are probably correct.
    Ralph.
    To be totally honest these scare the life out of me at the thought of collecting one and I really have no idea how many of the tombak "non-presentation" pieces were made. One thing I think we can be sure of is that by the final stages of the war more were awarded than were ever actually received by the awardees.

I think Ade knows his trade and I will look out for the auction purely as a spectator

Regards

Mark

This sold last Nov.

It made a very good price, but cannot recall how much now of the top of my head.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This sold last Nov.

It made a very good price, but cannot recall how much now of the top of my head.

Cheers, Ade.
    D'Oh! I was brought to this by post #3 and didn't note the date of post #1

Still an interesting discussion though

Regards

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast