Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in Bronze

Article about: hello..... I am eyeballing this badge and was looking for opinions as to the possible maker...I've looked at the examples on the forum and could not find a match.... this piece seems to look

Default Nahkampfspange in Bronze

hello..... I am eyeballing this badge and was looking for opinions as to the possible maker...I've looked at the examples on the forum and could not find a match.... this piece seems to look good to me....the front looks a bit like the unmarked StL in the database, the crimping matches as well BUT the pin is different....however, it does have the same style of pin as others examples

* thoughts on condition and originality ?.....I realize most of the bronze has been absorbed but I like the detail
    * any idea on maker ?
    * what is the term for that style of pin with the ridges ?

thanks in advance for any assistance !

hopefully these pics suffice

front
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze

back
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze
    Last edited by KatManDude; 07-01-2022 at 01:25 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Bronze
    P
    Many

It's called a "fluted" pin, and, I don't think St.&L used this type of pin.
    I will look to see who the manufacturer may be.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

thanks Ralph...I was mentally getting my fluted and tapered mixed up....appreciate your help !
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

raz
    ?

Ralph , S&L did use fluted pins on some of their badges . This is a nice one IMO with original back plate, 12.5 S&L in Durante's book . Back plate and pin should be magnetic . Would like to see the catch from the end as they had 2 types , flat wire and cut out from plate stock .

For me also a nice clasp from S&L.

thanks to all for your input...I've decided to graduate from eyeballing to touching....I'll post some more detailed pics next week
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

ok....now I have it in hand, a few close ups of the main parts... the pin and backplate are both magnetic.......I wish it had more bronze but i like the crispness of the details and for now, it will have to be my representative example in my small heer combat badge collection

center
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze

backplate
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze

hinge
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze

catch
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze

and with my other Heer combat badges
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze
    Last edited by KatManDude; 07-10-2022 at 06:54 PM.