Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange Bronze Grade F&B L

Article about: Hello I have this Bronze CCC I have my doubts about. I'm by no means an expert on the topic, and some feed back would be a plus.Thank you for your time

Default Nahkampfspange Bronze Grade F&B L

Hello I have this Bronze CCC I have my doubts about. I'm by no means an expert on the topic, and some feed back would be a plus.Thank you for your time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange Bronze Grade F&B L   Nahkampfspange Bronze Grade F&B L  

Nahkampfspange Bronze Grade F&B L   Nahkampfspange Bronze Grade F&B L  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange Bronze Grade F&B L
    P
    Many

I think you are correct to be suspicious of this one.

You seem to have photographed the areas of obvious concern to you therefore you know that they are not right so I won't offer free intel / advice to fakers by going into detail but will say IMO that your thoughts are correct.

It looks like it is trying to be a 1st pattern (no die flaw).

As for the overall detail much of it is either too poorly defined or just wrong. Did you consider the bayonet in general and the fuller in particular? What is the pin made of?

One thing that any faker should already be aware of is that where there should be shear lines from the die cutting process there is actually a horizontal cast line which on it's own I believe should condemn this one.

If you can return it for a refund I would do so but wait for more expert opinion first.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-19-2021 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you Mark for your input, and I greatly appreciate your thoughts on it. I've had it for a while roughly 10 years I believe it's past the refund timetable 😂

I know that feeling, as do many of us!

10 years ago not many of us knew as much about these as we do today

Looking on the bright side it has some purpose as a reference / demonstration piece.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."