Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?

Article about: Hi Guys, I need your help. I'm not a collector of medals, but sometimes I need them for displays. Just got this Nahkampfspange in bronze from a trusted dealer. Original or fake? Regards, Mar

?

Default Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?

Hi Guys,
    I need your help. I'm not a collector of medals, but sometimes I need them for displays. Just got this Nahkampfspange in bronze from a trusted dealer. Original or fake?
    Regards, Martin

Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

I tried to get some sharper pictures. The clasp is not a typical zinc construction. In German it is called "Buntmetall". Looks something like brass. Maybe you can help me.
    Best regards, Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?   Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?  

It is close, but it looks like a cast copy to me.
    Compare the details closely with the one in post #6 in this thread.
    Makers of the Nahkampfspange
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

You could be right, Ralph. I took photos again with a 6x magnifying glass. The surface looks a bit like a bronze cast. What do you mean? I can return the clasp.

Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?Nahkampfspange Bronze Original or Fake?

?

Yes, it looks like a pure cast bronze. No bronzing is applied. On the back, the traces of casting have been sanded away at the edges. Because of this, the edges look very smooth compared to the mold marks between the lettering. I think it´s fake and i will return it.
    Many thanks, Martin

I was comparing the text, and the hinge, (yours is missing part of one side of the hinge).
    The maker's mark is lacking any sharp edges.
    I would return it if you can.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)