Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in Bronze for Review

Article about: Hello. I am new to the Forum and would like your opinion on this item which I purchased 25 years ago. Current value, originality, any other info etc. Many thanks in advance.

?

Default Nahkampfspange in Bronze for Review

Hello. I am new to the Forum and would like your opinion on this item which I purchased 25 years ago. Current value, originality, any other info etc. Many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in Bronze for Review   Nahkampfspange in Bronze for Review  

Nahkampfspange in Bronze for Review  
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-05-2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Bronze for Review
    P
    Many

Hi and welcome here in WRF.

It`s a good second pattern clasp by Josef Feix und Söhne.

KR
    Joe

?

Thank you Joe. What is the difference between a First and Second Pattern? Date of manufacture?

lovely looking one too

Nice one!

Quote by ME110 View Post
    Thank you Joe. What is the difference between a First and Second Pattern? Date of manufacture?
    Yes, the difference is the different time frame. The reverse die is different.....you can compare self the difference in the reference thread too.

Quote by ME110 View Post
    Hi mate,

The basic at-a-glance answer to that is the 1st pattern has the designer's mark incuse, whilst the 2nd pattern is of a raised type of lettering. The hinge crimp is also different between the 2 types, your 2nd pattern as shown above, and this 1st pattern CCC below for comparison. There is a slight difference regarding the obverse of both badges but it is small. The 1st pattern below has a straight hilt guard whilst the 2nd pattern is chamfered as can be seen on yours if you look closely.

Regards, Ned.

Nahkampfspange in Bronze for ReviewNahkampfspange in Bronze for Review
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thank you Ned for your informative reply.

No problem, I was going to say thanks for the prompt response, but it was nearly 18 months ago..... Have you been (ahem) "on holiday"....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ned, 8 months ago! In the Military and was away on Detachment out of area. Thanks again.