MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

A Nahkampfspange in bronze, said to be dug out from Königsberg

Article about: hello everyone! Here is an antique site listing Do these marks on the picture exist? Does this look real Any advice from anyone is greatly appreciated, I just can't find the info on it

?

Default A Nahkampfspange in bronze, said to be dug out from Königsberg

A Nahkampfspange in bronze, said to be dug out from KönigsbergA Nahkampfspange in bronze, said to be dug out from KönigsbergA Nahkampfspange in bronze, said to be dug out from Königsberg
    hello everyone! Here is an antique site listing
    Do these marks on the picture exist? Does this look real
    Any advice from anyone is greatly appreciated, I just can't find the info on it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Nahkampfspange in bronze, said to be dug out from Königsberg
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

The maker marks correspond to maker Friedrich Linden - Lüdenscheid, which was an actual mfg. of the Nahkampfspange.

The clasp is in such poor condition that I do not consider it collectible. I would only purchase if I was into relic condition items and the price was cheap.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Better photos would be required to determine the authenticity.
    There are good photos of originals by this maker posted in this thread.
    Makers of the Nahkampfspange
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Todd, so its oringnal indeed.
    I found it was 170 bucks, may consider purchase it if i could argue to 120 bucks.

Quote by wtxh7 View Post
    No, he only said the maker's marks correspond with the maker Friedrich Linden, Ludenschied.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Better photos would be required to determine the authenticity.
    There are good photos of originals by this maker posted in this thread.
    Makers of the Nahkampfspange
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph, I see there should be a curve on F and L, if had more good condition photos.
    Have put your recommend thread in my favorites

TWS
    ?

Quote by wtxh7 View Post
    I found it was 170 bucks, may consider purchase it if i could argue to 120 bucks.
    Ralph is 100% correct. You had asked about the markings and the originality, but I only commented on the markings. I did not look it over closely for originality as the condition may make it difficult to establish and I wasn't up for the challenge. LOL.

If you are getting into collecting Nahkampfspangen, I would recommend Thomas Durante's reference work. I keep a copy on my shelf.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Ralph is 100% correct. You had asked about the markings and the originality, but I only commented on the markings. I did not look it over closely for originality as the condition may make it difficult to establish and I wasn't up for the challenge. LOL.

If you are getting into collecting Nahkampfspangen, I would recommend Thomas Durante's reference work. I keep a copy on my shelf.
    Will Do!!!
    I'm someone who wants to collect everything, hahaha. Maybe I'm too greedy, but I really love these things, especially considering their special historical significance. Anyway, I make sure to thoroughly understand all aspects of the material before getting started.

I think these ground dug items are better left where the soldier died, in the ground, unless it’s an official repatriation of a wartime cemetery to either Germany or Russia. Buying this stuff is encouraging the looting and desecration of graves in my opinion.

?

Quote by PembrokeYeo View Post
    I think these ground dug items are better left where the soldier died, in the ground, unless it’s an official repatriation of a wartime cemetery to either Germany or Russia. Buying this stuff is encouraging the looting and desecration of graves in my opinion.
    You made me think twice and you know what, i agree with you.