Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Nahkampfspange real or fake?

Article about: by big ned Hi Joe, That's interesting and possible I guess. Can you show an example of either known type of JFS close combat clasp with a fluted pin, either factory fitted or a jeweller/othe

Default Re: Nahkampfspange real or fake?

Yes Ned,you are right of course.The Quality of the "Gablonz" makers are hard to beat.They belongs also to my favourite clasps.When you want only one clasp in the collection,with a nice Gablonz clasp you can nothing make wrong.

I am personaly are searching for a Hymnen & Co Nahkampfspange.I hope i can one time find one.

Regards
    Joe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange real or fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Yes Ned,you are right of course.The Quality of the "Gablonz" makers are hard to beat.They belongs also to my favourite clasps.When you want only one clasp in the collection,with a nice Gablonz clasp you can nothing make wrong.

I am personaly are searching for a Hymnen & Co Nahkampfspange.I hope i can one time find one.

Regards
    Joe
    Yeah, I like H&CL clasps too, the attention to detail is great, but they're very rare to come by I believe. Funnily enough, after having described Hymmen Panzerkampf Abzeichen's as ugly on here not long back, i've recently acquired a hollow bronze zinc 2.2.2. type with all the wash absorbed. When looked at closely the detailing on the wheels, tracks, wreath and grass are far superior to other types and I think this goes for their CCC's as well, the idiosincratic design is subtle but very detailed compared to other makers.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi guys,

Well spotted, this indeed is a fake JFS clasp. The obverse is pretty common to find and often marked with F&BL or FLL on it. The reverse has been mixed up by the fakers to resemble a JFS reverse and is pretty well done, but as you guys have already noticed there are a few differences to originals when you study the details.

Tom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3