Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in Silber - Close Combat Clasp in Silver

Article about: I'm posting this one for a friend for review. Its very well made and heavy. However, him, nor I, could locate a piece made like this? The pin stem is stamped unlike the straight pin stems th

Default Nahkampfspange in Silber - Close Combat Clasp in Silver

I'm posting this one for a friend for review. Its very well made and heavy. However, him, nor I, could locate a piece made like this? The pin stem is stamped unlike the straight pin stems that usually seem to show up on close combats. Additionally, the FLL logo seems to be higher placed than most and it only has the one stamp. The inset piece is magnetic. It is die struck and the front is burnished (but not shown well in photos). Also I have never seen a hinge assembly like this? Any thoughts? Thank you ABN

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Silber - Close Combat Clasp in Silver
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

IMO not a FLL obverse either . Reproduction #8 in Durante's book on the subject .

Thank you for the help. It is much appreciated. This confirms our suspicions. Fortunately this was purchased under these suspicions. ABN

Moved to the correct section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by raz View Post
    IMO not a FLL obverse either . Reproduction #8 in Durante's book on the subject .
    I agree. Plus the metal look a bit peculiar to me. If it is zinc it has the appearance of a modern material of much higher quality than wartime zinc.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."