Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange Silber F & BL opinions needed

Article about: Good afternoon everybody, just picked up this Nahkampfspange in silver and was looking for some opinions just to be on the safe side. The plate and pin are magnetic. I don't know if the pict

Default Nahkampfspange Silber F & BL opinions needed

Good afternoon everybody, just picked up this Nahkampfspange in silver and was looking for some opinions just to be on the safe side. The plate and pin are magnetic. I don't know if the pictures capture it well enough, but I can see traces of silver on the left hand side.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange Silber F & BL opinions needed   Nahkampfspange Silber F & BL opinions needed  

Nahkampfspange Silber F & BL opinions needed   Nahkampfspange Silber F & BL opinions needed  

Nahkampfspange Silber F & BL opinions needed   Nahkampfspange Silber F & BL opinions needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange Silber F & BL opinions needed
    P
    Many

It is an original F&B, L, but I believe it was originally a bronze grade.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, what makes you say it was originally a bronze grade? I can see quite a bit of silvering on the obverse

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    Hi Ralph, what makes you say it was originally a bronze grade? I can see quite a bit of silvering on the obverse
    Can you see any traces of silver on the hardware?
    Take a look at this thread on WAF.
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes, a little bit on the edge of the pin. Plus I have uploaded a photo against a different background.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange Silber F & BL opinions needed   Nahkampfspange Silber F & BL opinions needed  

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    Yes, a little bit on the edge of the pin. Plus I have uploaded a photo against a different background.
    Then it is possibly a silver grade.
    Ralph.

Good news on this one (for me anyway). None other than Thomas Durante has given it the all clear over on the WAF, albeit with a few faults listed such as a re-soldered catch and replaced backplate, but original silver none the less.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums