MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in Silber - Hersteller Juncker

Article about: Hello, I can't find anything bad about the melee clasp, would still like a second opinion before I buy this.....thank you

Default Nahkampfspange in Silber - Hersteller Juncker

Hello, I can't find anything bad about the melee clasp, would still like a second opinion before I buy this.....thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in Silber - Hersteller Juncker   Nahkampfspange in Silber - Hersteller Juncker  

Nahkampfspange in Silber - Hersteller Juncker   Nahkampfspange in Silber - Hersteller Juncker  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Silber - Hersteller Juncker
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

I'm going to say that it looks like a good Juncker 3rd pattern, but the small size of the first two photos is not doing any favors.

"Melee" clasp made me chuckle. It's an accurate but amusing term for it. English-speaking collectors typically say "Close Combat Clasp".

Thank you for your information, I have already requested better pictures of the front.

Quote by TWS View Post
    I'm going to say that it looks like a good Juncker 3rd pattern, but the small size of the first two photos is not doing any favors.

"Melee" clasp made me chuckle. It's an accurate but amusing term for it. English-speaking collectors typically say "Close Combat Clasp".
    I agree subject to the same caveat re the pictures.

As an aside; Yes the term melee always make me think of Shakespearian battle accounts every time I hear modern commentary describe the bayonet as a "melee weapon" which is actually quite common in both UK (include in that Aus, NZ, Can etc) & US military parlance. I love it but civvies mostly have no clue what it means

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the term it basically means close quarter "hand to hand" combat involving a number of rather than just two participants. The phrase "Pell Mell" has similar connotations.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hello, here improved pictures. Thanks for the answer.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in Silber - Hersteller Juncker   Nahkampfspange in Silber - Hersteller Juncker  

TWS
    ?

I still wish the photos would expand more, but I think it's good.

Thank you for your information and knowledge