Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in silver

Article about: Hi everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a little while, and to me this badge looks very wrong, but still want to ask since I'm a newbie. Here are my thoughts: -the shape of the needle

Default Nahkampfspange in silver

Hi everyone,
    I've been browsing this forum for a little while, and to me this badge looks very wrong, but still want to ask since I'm a newbie.

Here are my thoughts:
    -the shape of the needle is wrong, didn't see any that didn't have some sort of curve
    -the shape of the hinge too (especially that weird mass on the left side, seen that nowhere)
    -the shape of the letters, some are sharp, other are almost inexistant (to me it looks like a mold didn't manage to get them all correctly from an original)
    -the back plate is above (??) the rest of the badge

Thanks for your input
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in silver   Nahkampfspange in silver  

Nahkampfspange in silver   Nahkampfspange in silver  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in silver
    P
    Many

I believe that your suspicions are correct, A poorly cast fake indeed, Regards ,Paul

I think you are correct and although the pics could be sharper the detail looks pretty bad.

There is a GWL CCC with a pin similar to this but the square cornered hinge block on this is wrong and in any case this is pretending to be an A.G.M.u.K.

Also that backplate is hideous. Granted it could have been stuck on as a clumsy repair/ replacement but this looks like it was there from the outset.
    Overall I think this is a rather poor copy by someone who doesn't really have the knowledge or skill to make it convincing.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."