Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Adolf Hitler 1933 Supporter Badge

Article about: I know this one has been talked about before. I know some say its a fantasy piece and there are many reproductions out there but I got this from a veteran bring back lot and everything else

FiveArmies

Here is why the Adolf 1933 badge does not make sense and connot be authenthic. It's not even a topic for discussion because the Mitteilungsblatt der Reichszeugmeisterei, RZM newsletter, from announcement date of August/September 1933, announces that the use of the RZM logo must accompany a maker name or logo henceforth. Knowing this, approximately how long would it take company's to apply this new "regulation" into a working reality? At the very utmost earliest, October, November of 1933 if they cut a new die and used all the old stock. It wouldn't be until 1934 at the very earliest, that the AH 1933 badge would be seen in circulation. By this time, AH, had taken power, won the election, and also made himself the most powerful man in Germany due to the Reichstag Fire Decree. That slogan badge would not have been needed needed. Unless it was to commemorate him and the year?! To sum it up, the RZM logo was not necessary per the RZM and none were yet used and also there was no need for the badge at all after February, 1933.

Backing up about a dozen years, there was a Zeugmeisterei in all/most German Gau's already because the NSDAP, AH, wanted uniformity among the Brownshirts. Not only until all zeugmeisterie were enveloped into the Reichszeugmeisterei was there uniformity across all manufacturers.

This thread is where the gold lies! This is straight from the RZM itself. No amount of threads and opinions can substitute cold facts and how they fit into the timeline of the Party badge, slogan badge, etc, and their markings. Early RZM Setup Information

So yes, FiveArmies, the RZM was around before 1934 as you suggested and good call on that. I'm not sure I'm here to set anyone straight but I hope the information is enlightening and helps answer your questions. The answers are there, they are just hard to find at times. I have seen this badge many times but never bought one. Next one I see that is fairly cheap and sold as a fake, I'll buy it and prove, physically, that it's not authentic. Or If you would lend yours? Happy collecting and sorry for the late reply, my workdays can be long.

And I full-heartedly disagree with one post. Not only were sympathy badges allowed to be worn, they were almost cumpulsory throughout the entire Third Reich period!

Greenhorn
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler 1933 Supporter Badge
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2