Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Badge NSDAP - is it real?

Article about: Hello, I have acquired this badge and doubt it now. The cross does not go to the edge. What do you think? Thank you

Default Badge NSDAP - is it real?

Hello, I have acquired this badge and doubt it now. The cross does not go to the edge.
    What do you think?

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Badge NSDAP - is it real?   Badge NSDAP - is it real?  

Badge NSDAP - is it real?   Badge NSDAP - is it real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Badge NSDAP - is it real?
    P
    Many

?

It does look poor quality shiny and new so IMO No. Rob

Hello. I agree a poor quality reproduction. The enamel is sunken below the surface of the badge; and it looks to be plastic based not porcelain an original would of been made with. Kindest regards.

Brian

Hi, I have even better pictures here. When I knock on the white with a piece of metal, it sounds like something hard, like metal, it also sounds hard on the edge. But the white looks very new.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Badge NSDAP - is it real?   Badge NSDAP - is it real?  

Badge NSDAP - is it real?   Badge NSDAP - is it real?  

Last edited by Dickdan007; 07-11-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Hello sorry to say that the new pictures aren't helping the case for the pins authenticity. The coarse scratch marks on the badges edge show evidence of removing excess enamel in the production process (not done in the TR era) and ask yourself furthermore if they exist why the overall semi clean (new) appearance of the pin. Also the pin attachment method is rather flimsy and not seen on period badges they typically had a circular pin plate and it was soldered to the badges reverse. I would also consider the fact that the badge shows no genuine age or sign of wear one would expect to see on a 70+ year old item. See my attached thread for reference in regards to the scratches. Kindest regards.

Brian

Badge NSDAP - is it real?

closeups of my HJ shooting badge (as requested) fake!

Ohh yea, i see many scratches in one direction. ;-( Thanks a lot!

Sorry guys,
    I can buy 2 pins from a friend. The front looks good. what do you think about the backsides?
    One is a rhombus with swastika

Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Badge NSDAP - is it real?