Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Early Party Badge?

Article about: This is supposed to be an early, pre-RZM party badge, marked Ges. Gesch. on the pin attachment plate. It is a mini, measuring about 18 mm in diameter. This badge seems unusual to me on accou

Default Early Party Badge?

This is supposed to be an early, pre-RZM party badge, marked Ges. Gesch. on the pin attachment plate. It is a mini, measuring about 18 mm in diameter. This badge seems unusual to me on account of how crudely it is made. The font is highly variable, the (mostly) floating swas seems to be quite a bit off-center, there's a distinct die flaw, the enamel is not very smooth, and the pin is completely unaligned with the orientation of the face of the badge. All of this leads me to wonder if it's original. I would appreciate any opinions on its authenticity. Thank you!

Early Party Badge?Early Party Badge?Early Party Badge?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Party Badge?
    P
    Many

Rolando

All of your observations are valid and you have a keen eye. Knowing that this is an early parteiabzeichen, one must apply the rule of “no rules” prior to the Transitional period and then RZM period. The fact that all of your observations are just is exactly what makes this Party Badge desirable! This badge cannot be any newer than 1933 and likely made in the 1920’s.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thank you very much for the information!

My pleasure. This would be a nice pick-up if you can acquire it.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Oh yes, I grabbed it right away. I really like it a lot because it’s such a unique and, as you said, likely very early example. By the way, one other detail I noticed is that I think there is a dash to the left of “D.A.P.”, but it is covered in red enamel.

Ha, good catch, there is a dash there! I was focused on the T being connected to the border and the hakenkreuz being so off center that I missed the dash. No excuse but I did work 16 hours today, lol

Nice find, glad you own it, it seems you have a passion for these beautiful little badges.

Yes, I find these badges to be a fascinating and valuable part of the historical record. Thanks again for confirming its authenticity and providing your opinion that it might be from the 1920’s. Much appreciated.