Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

GAU 1923 Parteiabzeichen. Please, need opinion.

Article about: Hello friends. Badge GAU1923. This badge has no enamel. What is the value of this badge without enamel? I mean not the price on the market today, but the historical in value. As far as I und

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Whether a badge is pretty or ugly isn't the point. Whether it is an original and - as in this case - was modified postwar or not is crucial. These badges are made of silver and that oxidizes very badly. This is a well-known problem with the Iron Crosses with silver frames too.
    Like this

GAU 1923 Parteiabzeichen.  Please, need opinion.

I have never seen such a thing. I could be wrong, but open lines are weird. It can be seen that the lines were covered with yellow-gold lacquer, the next layer is black lacquer, and the 3rd layer is gold lacquer, which we all see. Of course, cleaning and restoring this badge is strictly prohibited. But I doubt. A lot of corrosion, for such a badge, I think it's expensive. Maybe better don't hurry, and look for better condition

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GAU 1923 Parteiabzeichen.  Please, need opinion.
    P
    Many

Quote by MigMig View Post
    Like this

I have never seen such a thing. I could be wrong, but open lines are weird. It can be seen that the lines were covered with yellow-gold lacquer, the next layer is black lacquer, and the 3rd layer is gold lacquer, which we all see. Of course, cleaning and restoring this badge is strictly prohibited. But I doubt. A lot of corrosion, for such a badge, I think it's expensive. Maybe better don't hurry, and look for better condition
    I don't see any "gold paint" there. It is obviously a beautiful original piece. I think the discoloration is due to oxidation. Silver can oxidize to any color of the rainbow. I don't understand what problem you have with it.

Oxidation/corrosion does strange things. considering the the badge is 100 years old (at this point, whats a month or 2) the reactivity between the coating and the silver can cause weird results.

If your not going to purchase it, MigMig, please advise who is offering this as I have interest.

?

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Oxidation/corrosion does strange things. considering the the badge is 100 years old (at this point, whats a month or 2) the reactivity between the coating and the silver can cause weird results.

If your not going to purchase it, MigMig, please advise who is offering this as I have interest.
    Hello.
    Sir , You are right. 90 years I'll keep in my collection. I need this badge to my NSDAP tunic )

My best Regards
    Mig

MigMig, I would not be surprised if at some point the badge was completely coated with a clear coating and the years has taken it's toll on the coating. I think that's why in some areas the darkening appears the way it does and the clear coat is yellowing and reflecting its age on the edges of the harkenkreuz. You can recall I am sure that on anodized dagger scabbards a clear coat was applied. I think the same holds true for this Gau Honor badge that the original owner had the clear coat applied.

?

MigMig, I would not be surprised if at some point the badge was completely coated with a clear coating and the years has taken it's toll on the coating. I think that's why in some areas the darkening appears the way it does and the clear coat is yellowing and reflecting its age on the edges of the harkenkreuz. You can recall I am sure that on anodized dagger scabbards a clear coat was applied. I think the same holds true for this Gau Honor badge that the original owner had the clear coat applied.

Here is a better quality photo and a 1933 badge for comparison. The edges of the swastika are covered with a special gold-colored varnish. I think so. Unfortunately the badge is badly damaged. I looked at other specimens, they are different, there are light silver types, and there are golden ones. Golden is more beautiful.

You can clearly see the 1923 Gau Honor Badge harkenkreuz coating in black is cracked. That's heat damage that causes that. the metal rapidly heats up then cools and causes the cracking. And also damaged the clear coat as it cracked and lifted along the edges. Typical for a coating that is close to 100 years old to do that. You had no control of the storage conditions for the first 40-50 years or more of the badges life and that is the result.

?

YouTypical for a coating that is close to 100 years old to do that. You had no control of the storage conditions for the first 40-50 years or more of the badges life and that is the result.
    I don't regret buying this badge. I've seen them before and didn't look closely. But when the badge came home, I really like it. The badge is very beautiful. Now I will hunt for GAU1925. Coburg or Blutorden, probably I will never be able to buy. About the badge. You are right about quality of storage. Apparently found in the attic, because at home where people live, the badge could not be losing some of his beauty. Interestingly, the reverse is still a good lacquer or other coating. I bought and returned another badge to the seller, when I saw that the badge was disassembled and reassembled. It's better when nobody clean the patina. And I think this badge found a good company.

?

I don't see any "gold paint" there. It is obviously a beautiful original piece. I think the discoloration is due to oxidation. Silver can oxidize to any color of the rainbow. I don't understand what problem you have with it.
    My new Hoheitszeichen RZM 18

?

I :

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast