Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Golden party badges at Ratisbons

Article about: Hi all I am surprised by the number of golden nsdap party badges up for auction at Ratisbons. Any concerns? If so any specific ones? Many thx Dk Dan

GNT
    ?

Looking through it again it seems the only mention of his party number is post 1945, mainly from files relating to the investigation that was done to see if he should be prosecuted. I'm guessing it wasn't their top priority at the time to make sure they got his party number right, so this is a bit concerning. I will contact Ratisbons, and hopefully there is better documentation available. The previous owner seems convinced that this badge belonged to him and looks to have done quite a bit of work to put this grouping together, not that it proves anything.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Golden party badges at Ratisbons
    P
    Many

GNT
    ?

Actually found these, which look to be pre-1945 and show his party number to be 18356. Not sure if this is what is needed.

Quote by GNT View Post

Actually found these, which look to be pre-1945 and show his party number to be 18356. Not sure if this is what is needed.
    Okay, if I were you, I would check the documents and see what's going on. I didn't want to upset you, but if I had bought this badge for such a large sum precisely because it can supposedly be attributed to a specific PL, then I would want to see solid proof that the Badge actually came from that person. This question is definitely crucial to the value. But this photocopy actually looks like the original was from a contemporary personnel file or something similar.

GNT
    ?

No problem, I appreciate your help + honesty. There's always risk in this hobby, but I've seen Identifications made with much less evidence than what is presented here. This isn't something I plan to ever sell, and as long as there's enough evidence that I don't have doubts, then I will be happy with it. If there is reason to be concerned I still have time to return it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7