Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

H. Bewegung badge

Article about: Can someone please offer an opinion as to whether this H. Bewegung badge is authentic? It is marked Ges. Gesch. and also has a "B" marking. Looks like that is red paint and not ena

Default H. Bewegung badge

Can someone please offer an opinion as to whether this H. Bewegung badge is authentic? It is marked Ges. Gesch. and also has a "B" marking. I saw a few posts related to a "B" marking, but was unable to completely follow most of what I was reading. Thanks in advance!

Update: I’ve been able to determine that this badge is a complete fake.

H. Bewegung badge
    H. Bewegung badge
    Last edited by rolando; 07-08-2023 at 11:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement H. Bewegung badge
    P
    Many

FWIW I found one that is nearly identical, with the same markings on the reverse side, and a slightly different pin, previously sold at Ulric of England:

Link to previously sold badge

I don’t know if that is an argument for or against the authenticity of this badge. I have to say, though, someone sure did age the heck out of that badge that sold at Ulric of England if it is a fake.

Here are some arguments against the badge I posted above being authentic. For one, it is way too mint. Second, the font on the obverse is perfect, there do not appear to be any flaws in the die or the die strike. There seems to be a lot of disagreement/uncertainty about the significance of the B marking on the reverse. Finally, this is said to be a very rare badge, so the odds of me randomly finding a legitimate one for sale online are very slim.

Still, even if this is a fake, it sure is a pretty fake, and I’m tempted to get it for that reason alone.
    Last edited by rolando; 07-04-2023 at 12:27 AM.

?

Hello, 'Way too mint' isn't a deal breaker with militaria, some members associated with the Forum have 'Mint Unissued' items or mint, near mint pieces, the knowledge of items is the key to acquire them when they are available..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Fair enough, it’s just that with this particular type of badge, the examples I have been able to find that are considered authentic have all been in fairly worn condition. But you’re right, that certainly doesn’t mean there can’t be mint examples out there.

Here's one that I think is much more of an obvious fake:

H. Bewegung badge
    H. Bewegung badge

That, to me, looks a lot closer to a typical Morigi fake than the first badge I posted above.

I'm really having a hard time convincing myself that the first badge I originally posted above is definitely a fake. I have read in a previous thread on the forum that if there is a "B" marking on the reverse, it is definitely a fake. However, I am a bit thrown by the fact that I saw two examples of "B" marked badges sell as originals on Ulric of England. I'm hoping someone can provide more information as to why the "B" marked badges are known to be fakes. Is there an old Morigi catalog showing the "B" marked badges?

Of course, above all, I fully recognize that I am completely out of my depth here.
    Last edited by rolando; 07-05-2023 at 06:07 AM.

Rolando

This badge pretends to be a pretty rare badge and you have found your answer. A fake, as you have found out. And as Gwar has pointed out, minty examples certainly exist. Although, this badge always seems to be busted-up. Can't say I've hunted for this badge but I'd certainly like to own one. All in good time!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE