Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Karl Wild rusty badge?

Article about: The needle looks very new, which could just mean it has been replaced, but do these party badges "rust" like this? This is a cast fake, right?

Default Karl Wild rusty badge?

The needle looks very new, which could just mean it has been replaced, but do these party badges "rust" like this? This is a cast fake, right?

Karl Wild rusty badge?
    Karl Wild rusty badge?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Karl Wild rusty badge?
    P
    Many

Late war zinc badges often exhibit this rough appearance. A result of impurities in the metal. The pin wouldn't be affected by pest, as it's not made of zinc. Can't help with authenticity, but it looks okay to me.

Regards, B.B.

That would explain the weird look. It still looks a bit off, compared to the other ones i've seen. There is usually two wholes in the catch, i think you can see the remains from the old one, actually. That must mean it's authentic, except from the new needle. A faker would'nt go to such trouble?

It's possible it broke off and was replaced, though when that repair took place is anyone's guess. The badge itself looks okay, and will display well regardless of the repaired pin.

Of course, I must stress that I have no experience with authenticating NSDAP pins. I've spent a lot of time looking at them, but have never seen one 'in person'.

Regards, B.B.

Of course. I still appreciate the advice and knowledge.

Yes! It's a genuine one!