Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Supporter/Sympathy Pin

Article about: Hi, I was wondering if someone could answer a couple of questions about this unmarked mini (14mm) supporter/sympathy pin. First, do you think it is authentic? Second, does the sunburst patte

Default Supporter/Sympathy Pin

Hi, I was wondering if someone could answer a couple of questions about this unmarked mini (14mm) supporter/sympathy pin. First, do you think it is authentic? Second, does the sunburst pattern and absence of any maker marks indicate that it is an especially early pin? Any other information you can provide will also be appreciated. Thanks!

Supporter/Sympathy Pin
    Supporter/Sympathy Pin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Supporter/Sympathy Pin
    P
    Many

?

Hi rolando,

Firstly, I think it is authentic but wait for the experts to reply on it's authenticity.
    Secondly, I believe it to be an early badge.
    Thirdly, Type in Supporter Badge in the Advance Search option, top right hand corner of screen and you might just find the answers to your questions.

Regards,
    LX

Thanks, yeah, I’ve seen some other fairly similar examples, but the early supporter pins seem to vary so widely in their characteristics that it’s hard for me to draw any firm conclusions on my own.

I have one almost identical.

?

I believe it's authentic and represents a precursor of the rzm marked party badges. These less regulated badges do come in a wide variety of sizes, styles and patterns. Here are some in my collection. The small pin in the lower center with the static swastika probably predates the other versions with the mobile swastika. Just my opinion.

Supporter/Sympathy Pin

Supporter/Sympathy Pin

Supporter/Sympathy PinSupporter/Sympathy Pin

Supporter/Sympathy Pin

Supporter/Sympathy Pin
    Regards, Al

I've noticed that the badges with the red "Sunburst" are usually Pre-Anschluss Austrian Sympathizer badges...Some really nice examples being shown above!

Very nice early NS supporter pin IMO

Thanks, everyone, for the information. Those are some very interesting examples. I find the variety of designs and the significant history that these pins represent to be utterly fascinating.