Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

3 Armbands are they real

Article about: i agree that the first armband is an authentic bevo Kampfbinde. the stamp, whether period applied or not, doesn't change this for me. the other two, as previously stated, are bad for the rea

i agree that the first armband is an authentic bevo Kampfbinde. the stamp, whether period applied or not, doesn't change this for me.

the other two, as previously stated, are bad for the reasons previously given.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 Armbands are they real
    P
    Many

3 Armbands are they realI got this armband in about 1966. Needless to say, I consider it authentic.

3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they real3 Armbands are they realSince then, I have added these.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-03-2013 at 12:45 PM.

pi pa po

?

Nice collection,
    Never thought about checking if they are all the same fabric, but they are not. in the trash they go.
    Are there any standards in terms of size and circumference how armbands were produced. I mean everyone has a different upper arm and if worn over shirts and coats...

Quote by andrek View Post
    Nice collection,
    Never thought about checking if they are all the same fabric, but they are not. in the trash they go.
    Are there any standards in terms of size and circumference how armbands were produced. I mean everyone has a different upper arm and if worn over shirts and coats...
    The armband was issued flat without the back side sewn closed. The owner would then have the armband trimmed to fit his physical requirements.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Bob, does that mean the threads and stitching should be of a different type?

Quote by andrek View Post
    Bob, does that mean the threads and stitching should be of a different type?
    Most likely as the alterations were done either by a tailor or at home. Most SA men had the insignia attached to their brownshirts by either their wife or mother.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2