Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Armband - Second opinion please.

Article about: The actual tunic shown in the photograph.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The ratio of time to knowledge, at least as I understand it, has been grossly perverted by this appliance, and I know that this fact galls Bob and me greatly, but it is generalized.
    Knowledge is rendered information, and devalued as a result, when what we want is very much knowledge that takes a very long time to form, to refine, to perfect.
    some are of the opinion that the appliance democratizes access to knowledge. however, insidiously, it more promotes an apparent (but false) sense that knowledge comes not so much from the hard work and experience of the individual providing it, but from the appliance itself. a commoditization effect results concerning that hard work and experience in the minds of some. and this is the essential lie of the appliance.

the people providing this knowledge are individuals. and one must know them. not the appliance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Armband - Second opinion please.
    P
    Many

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    some are of the opinion that the appliance democratizes access to knowledge. however, insidiously, it more promotes an apparent (but false) sense that knowledge comes not so much from the hard work and experience of the individual providing it, but from the appliance itself. a commoditization effect results concerning that hard work and experience in the minds of some. and this is the essential lie of the appliance.

the people providing this knowledge are individuals. and one must know them. not the appliance.
    Bravo. My point exactly, but the patience required to attain expertise is suffocated in multi tasking, twerking, and or tweeting, and in the vise grip of the grammar school play yard writ large.

A real stinker.

and there is the element of group think and bodacious plagiarism here, which is pretty staggering. That is, there is less original knowledge than meets the eye, and a lot of people copying from what might be the wrong sources.

That's why I am grateful for the decades of Bob's experience, his blow of the eye, his capacity to assess a thing, and also his toughness in the fights that all too often erupt here.

The best of the season to all our stalwarts and may the oak leaves point in the right direction for many years to come.

Bob and other, I am sorry if I upset you by not thanking you for your much appreciated information, I am new to this site and I am feeling my way around,. It was an oversight not to thank you for this post as you will note that on my other posts I have thanked those that have helped me including yourself. You will find I have posted info on my issued 1944 para helmet that would prove helpful to other seeking to add one to their collection. I am and have always been interested military history and my motives are not purely financial. Once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Quote by Airborne warrior View Post
    Bob and other, I am sorry if I upset you by not thanking you for your much appreciated information, I am new to this site and I am feeling my way around,. It was an oversight not to thank you for this post as you will note that on my other posts I have thanked those that have helped me including yourself. You will find I have posted info on my issued 1944 para helmet that would prove helpful to other seeking to add one to their collection. I am and have always been interested military history and my motives are not purely financial. Once again please accept my sincere apologies.
    Accepted. Unfortunately, this type of occurance happens to often here at the site. This Forum is the best on line source of accurate information on militaria. If you are a serious student and collector. help the site by becoming a supporting member.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

good to see you.

it's not up to me to say so, but i do appreciate your post.

welcome to the forum and if you notice, as you feel your way around, the rare combination of knowledge, generosity and manners that find home here, support the forum thru membership and receive that welcome as well.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Accepted. Unfortunately, this type of occurance happens to often here at the site. This Forum is the best on line source of accurate information on militaria. If you are a serious student and collector. help the site by becoming a supporting member.
    In the grand scheme of things the yearly membership here is a pittance in relation to the amount of readily accessible information available. Thank you to those who provide it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3