Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic NSDAP Armband & HJ insignia?

Article about: I know these things can be hit or miss, but I've had an offer to buy an "original" armband, and wanted some opinions. Also included is a Hitler Youth patch, thoughts about it would

Default Authentic NSDAP Armband & HJ insignia?

I know these things can be hit or miss, but I've had an offer to buy an "original" armband, and wanted some opinions.
    Also included is a Hitler Youth patch, thoughts about it would be appreciated as well!

What do you think?

Many thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic NSDAP Armband & HJ insignia?   Authentic NSDAP Armband & HJ insignia?  

Authentic NSDAP Armband & HJ insignia?   Authentic NSDAP Armband & HJ insignia?  

Authentic NSDAP Armband & HJ insignia?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic NSDAP Armband & HJ insignia?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Authentic Armband?

both look original to me.
    andrew

Thanks Andrew,

Any idea as to the value in today's market? I.E., what's the most you'd pay for these items given their condition?

?

for values, i'd suggest looking on line to see what they go for. then deduct for condition and peoples lack of funds these days. some folks like things with that salty look some dont.
    andrew

Default Re: Authentic NSDAP Armband & HJ insignia?

Both items are genuine period pieces.

- - Updated - -

The youth insignia is actually for the female youth branch, the BDM. Both items are fairly common. Welcome to the Forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you both for the replies, and the warm welcome.

He is asking 100 USD for the armband, and 30USD for the HY patch. The BDM patch seems to be in fairly good shape, however the condition of the arm band makes me question the value.

Opinions? Mr. Coleman, are these prices acceptable? I have tried to determine the value by looking at various websites which sell such things, however it seems as though the prices are anywhere from $80-150. I have been able to deduce that the armband is cotton (linen) multi-piece, and have found others for sale, but there are small differences of course: Whether or not the tag inside is still there, the type of stitching on the white circle is different..

This has led me to the conclusion that given its condition, the armband may not be worth $100 but am still unsure. The price on the BDM patch, however, seems to be quite right...right?

As I do not go to shows except for the SOS, I am not up on current prices. For me, the prices on both pieces seems high. The BDM patch is very common and not a quick seller. The armband also appears to be well used. In my opinion, both prices are top drawer. I would try to negotiate him down.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.