Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

consecutive numbered armbands

Article about: got these two from a friend who got them when his uncle passed away.He has a third one of this group.Real?if so what would a value be for them?

?

Just some addition to the discussion about the price:
    I experience waaaay too many times that someone claims their item is worth xy money, because on some dealers (or private persons, doesnt matter now) site its listed for the same amount. Yes, it may be listed for the same amount for the past 2 years. If someone lists an item for a thousand euro, it doesnt mean that its worth that much. If it sells within a reasonable time, then yes. If technically possible on the given site, check how old the lisitng is, that could give you a more accurate estimate about the price. If the item sells hours after it has been listed, then maybe the price was too low. If the listing is still active long after, then its overpriced.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement consecutive numbered armbands
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    as a collector am I obliged to give a discount or lower my price versus a dealer's price because someone states it is an un-written rule and a practice to do so between collectors.. I say that is incorrect and somewhat foolish to suggest so..JMO
    Just to be clear, I completely agree that there is no rule, nor written or unwritten that says so. It was an advice, nothing more.

If I look at the situation from the sellers side, then I 10000% agree with you. I would not sell an item for less than it goes at dealers. Thats a valid point.

But if I look at the situation from the buyers side, I would never buy an item from "randomdude123" on ebay, or a forum etc., if I can get the same item (for the same price, and under the same conditions) from a reputable dealer. I think thats also a valid point. I would only consider buying from randomdude123 if its cheaper.

?

Just my opinion right or wrong.

Back to original post. The age old question of value was asked about these unissued armbands that are numbered in sequence. In our hobby the dealers do set the price online. Whether they get that price and from whom pays that price is another question. If collectors need it and want it they pay the price asked. As I stated earlier I have pieces I paid dealers asking price because my collection needed it. If I sell that piece it will be at a minimum what I paid for it. If prices have gone up maybe more. I am not a dealer but a collector and if the buyer wants my piece they will agree or not agree to my price.

There is no celestial being that sets Militaria prices and they are driven by collectors willing to buy. It is all subjective and based on so many factors.

In this case John my buddy in MN - Rescue190 said they may be of less value in his opinion to some collectors because they were not issued. So in his opinion things that were used and worn in service could be more valuable to some. His value was way, way lower that what Wittmann’s price was. Remember, Tom sells much on consignment so his assessment may be higher on sale price. Value and sales price are 2 different things. What is value to some is not value to others. I have issued and unissued pieces like the armband shown. It all depends on what you like. Salty or pristine. Worn or not worn.

We all know who we would buy from and who we would not. What we would pay and what we would not. To me as I said earlier it is based on:

What your buying, who your buying from and what the condition and rarity is. Are you buying to fill a hole in your collection? Are you buying to keep for all your collecting days or turn and flip an item for profit.

It is a mixed bag we will likely not all agree upon and that is okay with me. I remember my Opa telling me to bypass the cobbled stuff and save my pennies for the nicer items. When you are getting started that is hard to do and takes time, money and discipline. I am glad I listened to him. Militaria is an investment in preserving history to me. If I get enjoyment from for years and am blessed to sell it for what I paid so someone else can enjoy it as a caretaker then I have done my job.

It is a great hobby and diversity in opinion is a good thing or we are all just sheep..
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

I realize that the value of them is what somebody is willing to buy them for.
    I have no plans on getting rid of them and I want to try and get the 3rd one in the set.
    yeah it would be interesting to know how common it is having consecutive number ones.
    as far as the value of mint armbands vs used ones,from what I have seen is that mint ones are worth more,just like anything 3rd reich
    I really enjoy every ones comments

?

Got the 3rd one today.it’s off by one number but I am thrilled to get it

?

consecutive numbered armbandsconsecutive numbered armbands

?

Nice trio, well done !
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3