Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Authentic or not?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

Did I get ripped off on this kampfbinde?

Article about: I am new to collecting WWII German pieces and I found this kampfbinde a few weeks ago. I was told this was authentic and it came from a massive collector who is a respected member of our loc

Default Did I get ripped off on this kampfbinde?

I am new to collecting WWII German pieces and I found this kampfbinde a few weeks ago. I was told this was authentic and it came from a massive collection that does have both verified authentic pieces & reproductions but my kampfbinde doesn't seem to match any of the examples I have seen here. It doesn't have a tag, stamp, the swastika looks slightly different than the other printed versions I have seen here thus far . What do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Did I get ripped off on this kampfbinde?   Did I get ripped off on this kampfbinde?  

Did I get ripped off on this kampfbinde?   Did I get ripped off on this kampfbinde?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Did I get ripped off on this kampfbinde?
    P
    Many

Looks fine to me.. No issues with this one..

I have a few like this in my collection..

Smitty

Printed swastika on a white disc with a zig zag pattern.. Common low end party armband, meaning that upper echelon NSDAP officials would have more elaborate multi piece construction armbands..

This may also be a later war made piece to save on multiple types of material fabrics..

Smitty

@Smitty thank you for the information. Definitely a relief! I thought I had bought a reproduction for the same price as an authentic piece in similar condition. I definitely feel good now about purchasing more items from the collection I purchased this kampfbinde from.

By the way, I see you mentioned your father is from Bangor in my introduction post. That's neat, I live about an hour & 45 minutes from Bangor in a small fishing village called Jonesport. I am sure your father has heard of it. Bangor is the closest city to me that has a big mall, wide selection of restaurants, many big box stores etc. so I end up in Bangor most weekends.

Used to go up to Maine in the summer from New Hampshire.. Spent a lot of time at Bar Harbor, Boothbay Harbor, Wells Beach, and my Uncle Morris was a Chief Petty Officer on an LST in WW2 and he came from Ellsworth Maine..

I live in Texas now, after a 22 year Army career and 11 years in the El Paso, Fire Department, I am now the curator of a US Army museum...

Smitty

Agree with Smitty, looks fine.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Looks good, welcome aboard.

The Maine coast is absolutely beautiful, I need to get back up to "Baa-Haa-Bah" and Acadia, hopefully this summer.

Quote by relicz View Post
    Looks good, welcome aboard.

The Maine coast is absolutely beautiful, I need to get back up to "Baa-Haa-Bah" and Acadia, hopefully this summer.
    Maine is the one of the most beautiful spots to visit in the summer as well as autumn as far as that goes. I'm very blessed to have been born & raised on the coast of Maine and blessed to make a living on the water here. Bar Harbor is definitely one of the best spots to visit. I would highly recommend the Camden-Rockport-Rockland area as well which is a little less than 2 hours west of Bar Harbor. I fish commercially for elvers in Camden from March 22 to early May every year since I don't set my lobster traps until June. Camden is by far my favorite coastal town & if I could transfer my lobster license from Zone A to Zone C I would live in Camden full time.

On side note, if anyone of you make it up to Maine let me know & i'll hook you up with lobsters fresh caught on my boat. I also do 'lobstering' tours two days a week from July-August where I take tourists aboard my boat for a tour around the bay and to haul a few lobster traps so folks can see how it's done. I'll waive the fee and you'll walk away with lobsters on the house.

I much appreciate everyone's feedback on my kampfbinde. I am an absolute novice when it comes to this stuff so I am excited to have knowledgeable folks I can learn from!

First of all, thank you for your service!

My great-grandparents lived in Boothbay Harbor and my great-grandfather was a lobster fisherman there and he owned a small wharf where he sold his catch to tourists & summer people.

When I signed up for this site I didn't think i'd interact with anyone who had ties to my region. This is all pretty cool. Like I mentioned to @relicz, any time you're up this way let me know & I'll hook you up with lobsters fresh off my boat on the house & you can come aboard for one of the lobstering tours I do in the summer.

RMD
    ?

Looks like a good cotton to me.... I'm guessing, just before they went to the all printed version?

... The stitching at the top and bottom, can you tell if it's brown. Someone told me that if some of the outer stitching is brown, then a brownshirt wore the band?