Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Fake PL armbands

Article about: On the WAF, rrvroman gave heads up for two new fake PL armbands and I wanted to share it here. Kreisleiter and "Gauleiter", there is no such rank in Gau level than this fake armban

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread, i love NSDAP Uniform stuff but i am no expert and i have to say many of the armbands here would have fooled me...these repros are scary...
    Fakes start to be more and more better and it is good to share these fakes so everybody can learn.

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    That's definitely a dangerous armband...
    It's sure is. I would say they use period material, when I saw this armband, I think what the heck... It look good, but something is wrong here.
    -TJ-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake PL armbands
    P
    Many

Here's an example of an otherwise questionable armband. In my opinion it is an original armband. However, I suspect - without being 100% sure - that this is an "assembly". It may have originally been an armband for political leader Candidate in the Reichsleitung, onto which a period oak leaf border and cello strands were subsequently sewn on. Just a guess, but there's something I don't like about it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake PL armbands  

Here's an example of an otherwise questionable armband. In my opinion it is an original armband. However, I suspect - without being 100% sure - that this is an "assembly". It may have originally been an armband for political leader Candidate in the Reichsleitung, onto which a period oak leaf border and cello strands were subsequently sewn on. Just a guess, but there's something I don't like about it.
    I agree, I think these kind which are mixed bullion and cellion is questionable armbands.

Perhaps these was made right after the war for souvenirs
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    I agree, I think these kind which are mixed bullion and cellion is questionable armbands.

Perhaps these was made right after the war for souvenirs
    Basically there are period armbands with a mix of cello and metal thread. I own a few of these myself and Jeff Clark's book shows several such examples. However, this version is extremely unusual because of the combination of cello oak leaf border with cello braid and silk rep disc with silk rep swaz with metal cord edging. IMO it's even stranger, however, that the oak leaf border runs so close to the edge; in some cases the cello braid is sewn onto the zig-zag seam of the piping. I own several armbands for Hauptamtsleiter and none of them are sewn like this.

in some cases the cello braid is sewn onto the zig-zag seam of the piping.
    I notice that also, it is strange looking. I haven't seen that kind before
    -TJ-

This thread had me a bit freaked out about the pip on one of my recently purchased armbands, but thankfully (rub on the color aside likely due to age or the way it was stored) it looks like it's legit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake PL armbands  

Quote by DavidRF43 View Post
    This thread had me a bit freaked out about the pip on one of my recently purchased armbands, but thankfully (rub on the color aside likely due to age or the way it was stored) it looks like it's legit.
    I have no issues with it. Pip is period.

Another example of a fake Armband. It wants to be an Armband for "Leiter eines Hauptamtes in der Kreisleitung":
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake PL armbands   Fake PL armbands  

Fake PL armbands  

?

I want to express my gratitude to you guys for taking the effort of pointing out these flaws.

Fake PL armbands

This unually ribbed material popped up with me as we discussed on one of the SS armband threads.
    I have not seen this thread before and missed your examples completely.
    There is a skilled faker at work who is drip-feeding different type of quality fake armbands into the community via dealers.

If only we were able to come to the source of these. I have looked at dozens and dozens of wool SS armband the past weeks and only found my own with the unusual ribbed roundel.
    I purchased a second UV light - all parts on non-reactive, which could indicate period material from a hoard being used.

Quote by Vocht View Post
    I want to express my gratitude to you guys for taking the effort of pointing out these flaws.

Fake PL armbands

This unually ribbed material popped up with me as we discussed on one of the SS armband threads.
    I have not seen this thread before and missed your examples completely.
    There is a skilled faker at work who is drip-feeding different type of quality fake armbands into the community via dealers.

If only we were able to come to the source of these. I have looked at dozens and dozens of wool SS armband the past weeks and only found my own with the unusual ribbed roundel.
    I purchased a second UV light - all parts on non-reactive, which could indicate period material from a hoard being used.
    The armband in post #38 uses the same unusual ribbed white fabric for the disc. One wide rib and one narrower one alternate. It seems as if these fake bracelets come from the same faker workshop that sometimes uses period fabrics as well (f.e. the red wool fabric).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4