Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP band/ribbon? How Fake is this? Real or a laugher?

Article about: Impulse bid on a questionable item at local auction. Is this fake/fantasy? Its dimensions are 2 1/16 in wide by 18 in long. The emblem is printed and circle is 1 9/16 in diameter. It has the

Default NSDAP band/ribbon? How Fake is this? Real or a laugher?

Impulse bid on a questionable item at local auction. Is this fake/fantasy? Its dimensions are 2 1/16 in wide by 18 in long. The emblem is printed and circle is 1 9/16 in diameter. It has the words NSDAP and Partei-Bereitschaft stamped on it. What is this ribbon or armband and what does it represent if fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP band/ribbon? How Fake is this? Real or a laugher?   NSDAP band/ribbon? How Fake is this? Real or a laugher?  

NSDAP band/ribbon? How Fake is this? Real or a laugher?   NSDAP band/ribbon? How Fake is this? Real or a laugher?  

NSDAP band/ribbon? How Fake is this? Real or a laugher?   NSDAP band/ribbon? How Fake is this? Real or a laugher?  

NSDAP band/ribbon? How Fake is this? Real or a laugher?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP band/ribbon? How Fake is this? Real or a laugher?
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP band/ribbon? How Fake is this? Real or a laugher?

Looks perfectly good to me, I think I recall these were for 'one use only' at rallies, meetings etc. and then disgarded, hence the cheapo appearance. A kind of 'Security' personell armband.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree with Ned. These can be found with several different stamps depending on the usage. They were worn by auxillaries of the NSDAP.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I agree with Ned and Bob, looks like a nice original piece to me too.

Cheers,

Carl

i agree with Ned, Bob and Tiger88.

original.

the stamp on these can be roughly translated as "Party Auxiliary", "Party Readiness" or "Party Stand-By". take your pick.

Thank you all - I really thought this to be a fake - would this be from the 1930's during the early years before WWII?

Quote by josephc View Post
    Thank you all - I really thought this to be a fake - would this be from the 1930's during the early years before WWII?
    No, these are mid-to-late war produced and printed on cotton - very mass produced. I believe they go for around $50.00

Hope this helps.

William Kramer

There is a similar band currently in the classifieds for $120.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

It was a $25 bid; other German militaria was going for some high dollars so when I had little competition I thought it may have been fake. Thank you all for the verification of its being an actual Nazi Germany cloth item and for the history lesson. Are there any locations on the forum where one can see historical pictures showing these and other arm bands in use?