Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Kampfbinde

Article about: Hello, I was out today picking and came across a nice multi-piece construction NSDAP armband. I am not sure the significance of the level of wearer based on the two woven herringbone pattern

?

Default NSDAP Kampfbinde

Hello,

I was out today picking and came across this multi-piece construction NSDAP Gau-Geschäftsführer Armband. Believe it is a good one but checking it out to be certain. In contact with Mr. Coleman just to insure it is authentic but I know this one had fakes made back awhile ago. Has the smell, age era appearance, hand feel and seems to me to be of period material & construction. I have been fooled a few times though so I am open to thoughts on this one. Stamps always make me wonder as well so if you know something I am missing please opine.

Hope you enjoy! Happy collecting.

Rossi

NSDAP Kampfbinde

NSDAP Kampfbinde

NSDAP Kampfbinde

NSDAP Kampfbinde

NSDAP Kampfbinde

NSDAP Kampfbinde

NSDAP Kampfbinde

NSDAP Kampfbinde

NSDAP Kampfbinde
    Last edited by Rossi; 06-03-2018 at 10:15 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Kampfbinde
    P
    Many

Lovely armband! I'm pretty sure it's for Gaugeschäftsführer rank.

Regards,
    MG.

?

Quote by Migobeego View Post

Regards,
    MG.

Yes. Thanks. I believe that rank / level is correct from what I have dug up as well. Have a good one!

Rossi

MAP
    ?

Nice find Kirk. Will go will with all your other Kampfbines!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by Migobeego View Post

Regards,
    MG.
    Was able to find some data from Mr. Saris:

From Wim Saris (past data credit) I was able to find this:

According to "Das Dienstbuch der NSDAP (Hitlerbewegung) Österreich", dated March 1, 1932
    the brassard with two stripes is for the rank/function of Gau-Geschäftsführer, Gau-Amtswalter
    or Amtswalter der Landesleitung when there is no Rosette included upon the middle of the swastika.
    The stripes should have a width of 1.0 cm. During the course of 1932 new insignia were introduced and the
    brassard with the various stripes were cancelled. In the new regulations this type of brassard was no longer mentioned.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice find Kirk. Will go will with all your other Kampfbines!
    Still looking into this one to insure it is a period original. I feel good about it but was unable to do any research as I had no forum access or internet yesterday and I was remote. Like to be sure.

?

So far I am coming up empty on this one. Has anyone else seen this one in their collection travels? I have reached out to Bob Coleman to see what his thoughts are. I have very little data and examples I can locate for comparison on this one. Have seen a couple period photos which are variations to the one I am looking at and took pictures of. Overall the material and construction feels right. I am concerned about the 2 horizontal fabric stripes and wondering if they should have been a slivered bullion or Rayon type material? They are a herringbone patterned woven material as far as I can tell. The overall red stitching over the back side stripes also has me wondering. My thought is maybe this is a very good old reproduction from the 1960’s or a period variant?

If it is a post war creation or reproduction it is the best example of workmanship to replicate an armband I have seen. I have one fellow collector who said it is fine and from the vet family he bought it from. I also have another fellow collector who claims he does not like it but cannot provide me anything further other than he just does not like it. Any more wisdom or data any cloth guys have would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Rossi

Rossi, I could only find two other examples to compare to and the description and pic of one on WAF. From what I understand it was used less than one year so there might not have been too many examples to begin with. The construction appears to match the other two examples but there were not enough pics of the others as I would have liked and I am not a member for the HJ research link so I could not view photos
    You can take look at these.
    John

Armband Identification Gallery

unidentified armband - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

What kind of armband is this? - Hitler Youth Militaria Collector Forum

?

Thanks much John. I appreciate the data. I did see 2 of the 3 links as well. I am still 50/50 on this one. If these were faked I am assuming we would see them all over but I have only seen this one a couple times in my collecting history. I am hoping Wim Saris and Bob Coleman will Opine as well if they can shed any more data. I have a 50.00 hold on it with the seller and a small balance yet to give if I can prove it is the real deal. I may take a pass on it if I can not conclude it is period made. Thanks again John! Happy Monday!

Rossi

I checked the information where it is said "silver stripes".
    No information is known too me, telling they ever made
    them with white stripes, but who knows. The years 1931-
    1932 were not that clear after all, but see "Silberstreifen".

NSDAP Kampfbinde

NSDAP Kampfbinde

This is what I can offer!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast