Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Party Armband?

Article about: Good day! This bandage confuses me. Your opinion is very important.The SS sticker is on the inside, but there are no black stripes on the outside .. Is that possible? What's wrong here.Your

?

Default Party Armband?

Good day! This bandage confuses me. Your opinion is very important.The SS sticker is on the inside, but there are no black stripes on the outside .. Is that possible? What's wrong here.Your opinion
    I want to pay attention..The cross outside is sewn with a wide braid ( dense braided thread). Outside a dense thread (BRAID) around a white circle. The circle-braid is a closed ring.!

The experiment showed: It was taken.....White thread from the stitch.Black thread from the stitch.The red thread of calico.

The threads burned quickly without melting and the smell of synthetics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Party Armband?   Party Armband?  

Party Armband?   Party Armband?  

Party Armband?   Party Armband?  

Party Armband?  
    Last edited by ollar; 10-13-2019 at 06:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Party Armband?
    P
    Many

?

There is an ink stamp on the front side. It depicts the eagle sign of the NSKK block.What is Your opinion?

Party Armband?

Hello well a complicated subject/item we have here. IMO the armband is not period. I base this mostly on the unconventional construction methods used. I haven't seen another like it. The paper tag itself doesn't match the rest of the condition of the armband (it's very clean while the exterior is heavily soiled) the stamp too is imo another poor attempt to add "validity" to the piece. Did the SS use/make/have non black fabric bordered armbands? The general consensus is yes, you can read about them in this previous thread. As for the example you posted if it were offered to me I'd pass. Kindest regards.

Brian

Wool Allgemeine SS Armband

?

bsiwula1, I disagree, from my RAD tunic, I think it was called chain stitch, Private purchase / tailor made..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Party Armband?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Party Armband?  Party Armband? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Fair enough G. What's your thoughts on the SS attribute and stamp? Just curious. Best regards.

Brian

?

I might add I only disagree on the construction method as to why there are stamps and a tag on the original posters Kampbinde ? The RZM tax stamp "B" is correct for cotton, but the stamps and tag could have been added for value/purchase but most likely are spurious..
    Attached Images Attached Images Party Armband? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

The question is: was what the authorities in the 3rd Reich?..Who controlled the individual production of bandage and other clothing from tailors? And were allowed to glue the RZM tag or seal...? Quite possible..my fantasies look far away..

Quote by ollar View Post
    The question is: was what the authorities in the 3rd Reich?..Who controlled the individual production of bandage and other clothing from tailors? And were allowed to glue the RZM tag or seal...? Quite possible..my fantasies look far away..
    It's a good question the short answer is the RZM. They were the agency whom granted licenses to the manufacturing production agencies/individuals. With G's tunic/kampfbinde there may be an rzm tag? But probably not, if the tunic and accoutrements were made mid to late 34 or earlier, they wouldn't fall under the RZM's control as they hadn't formally issued any licenses until then or previous. And or the tailor who produced the tunic etc had a license to manufacturer goods under the RZM (post 34) and therefore could manufacture clothing for the various govt./military branches. Again depends on the year however. Bottom line is the tags and stamps are never proof of an original item. It comes down to detail, fabric, construction and period known examples (like G's) to authenticate an item. Kindest regards.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 10-14-2019 at 04:45 PM.

?

Question: was it possible then to make and wear such a bandage? And in what cases...?
    If it is not confirmed by RZM ?

Quote by ollar View Post
    Question: was it possible then to make and wear such a bandage? And in what cases...?
    If it is not confirmed by RZM ?
    Is it possible yes, it's the same design as the one Gwar posted on his RAD tunic. I suppose it's just as likely to be seen on any other political or civil service uniform. SA, NSDAP, NSKK, RAD etc. as shown by G. But this particular armband/kampfbinde on an SS uniform highly unlikely if not downright impossible especially with a RZM stamp on it. Sure there were possibly different variants in the early days of the organization. But by the time the RZM came into effect everything would of been highly standardized especially from a production standpoint. As for the (or a) SS armband minus the black edged borders bearing an SS stamp being period? I can only go by what had been posted by those that came before me Bob Coleman gave his opinion on them in the previous thread I posted and that's about as good as an authority one can hear on this site. If you want to play it safe purchase only what is generally accepted as standard period pieces amongst the collector community. That way at least your monetary investment is secure and you can have piece of mind in regards to your collection. Best regards.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast