Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question about DDR Armband and Pin

Article about: I know this isn’t an NSDAP item but I picked these two up together for pretty cheap and wanted to know if anyone here is familiar with them since I’m not sure where else to ask. They are

?

Default Question about DDR Armband and Pin

I know this isn’t an NSDAP item but I picked these two up together for pretty cheap and wanted to know if anyone here is familiar with them since I’m not sure where else to ask. They aren’t rare or scarce. Wondering if anyone knows if both are original or some kind of reproduction. Since I suppose they could have been made up until the very late 1980’s I suppose it may be hard to tell but I’m hoping someone here might know. The pin came in this little plastic box with a cardboard insert that it rests in. Seems kinda strange wondering if anyone here might know if that’s typical.I greatly appreciate any responses abd again hope it’s not a problem to post here. Question about DDR Armband and PinQuestion about DDR Armband and PinQuestion about DDR Armband and PinQuestion about DDR Armband and PinQuestion about DDR Armband and PinQuestion about DDR Armband and PinQuestion about DDR Armband and PinQuestion about DDR Armband and PinQuestion about DDR Armband and PinQuestion about DDR Armband and Pin Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about DDR Armband and Pin
    P
    Many

I am looking at these on a very small screen but both look OK to me.

There are two types of the armband, on printed and one embroidered but there are fakes believe it or not and strangely the embroidered one is more likely to be fake.

However, you should post them both here;

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nationale-volksarmee/

It's the NVA sub-forum but is the best place for all DDR "Bewaffnete Organen" items.

I'll look again on a big screen when I have time.

Reagrds

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks I posted over there didn’t see it. It does look like mine is nearly identical to an original someone posted previously comparing to a fake. Thank you.

Looking at a full sized screen now and there is no problem with either the armband or the badge.

Here are both embroidered and printed armbands for comparison and another badge all of which I acquired in Berlin about a year before the Wall came down.

Question about DDR Armband and PinQuestion about DDR Armband and PinQuestion about DDR Armband and PinQuestion about DDR Armband and Pin

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-24-2021 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

No problem with either, they arn't really reproduced because there are so many thousands around in surplus .
    Morris

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    No problem with either, they arn't really reproduced because there are so many thousands around in surplus .
    Morris
    This is true in general but there are fakes of the armband surprisingly. The main feature with them is the inferior embroidery in which parts of letters are joined together where there should be gaps.

Steve (Harry the Mole) posted an illustration here;

DDR Armbinde

It's hard to imagine how there can be money in that but I suppose it depends on where they are made really. If it is some third world sweatshop making a thousand for one dollar then maybe?

Regards

Mark